Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Revised Ofsted Parents Poster With New Phone Number

Guest lucyevans

Geraldine, interesting you should mention your new cert of registration which came with the poster. Just got mine too which is in front of me. NOTE: THE TELEPHONE NUMBER ON THE CERTIFICATE RECEIVED LAST WEEK IS DIFFERENT..........

08456 404040

Would it be worth amending your posters so you are compliant?

Incidentally, can I laminate our cert of registration??? What do you guys do?

I always laminate our registration certificate and photocopy it too. Thanks for the link to the new poster.

I laminate a photocopy and keep the original on file (just in case)

Oh, and HUGE thanks Lucy for the link, safely printed out and ready for laminating!

Edited by Cait

Just to be clear, the link IS NOT to the new poster. The new poster is exactly the same but the telephone number is 08456 404040.

Just to be clear, the link IS NOT to the new poster. The new poster is exactly the same but the telephone number is 08456 404040.

LJW, I am a bit confused! The 0300 number is the new number. The old number will work for a while, but eventually will be replaced by the 0300 number.

Well that is VERY confusing. Following the link takes you to the download page which says 4 September 08. I received my new poster yesterday in the post with my new certificate of registration and it has the 08456404040 number........

Which one is right? The most logical answer to me is the one I just received, not the one you can download from September 08............

Am I being daft? (Quite possible, LOL!)

LJW your definately not daft Ofsted are.

I say that loud and clear as I have been having a conflab with them about documents they are sending to me just now; for example our annual fee bill for full day care all year round £30.00!!!!???? (bargain, I wish!!!)

I ask you, nothing has changed our end always been FDC, so I tell 'em then I get a new certificate - nothing has changed why a new certificate. So I speak to them on phone, answer "well if you have change from sessional to FDC you will need a new cert" "No I don't 'cos I haven't, nothing has changed"???

So it is certainly not you that is daft.

I think I will put both posters up and wait to see if parents notice two different numbers and ask why, I didn't bother looking at the poster they sent with the certificate must check tomorrow though.

Edited by BMG

My new reg came a couple of weeks ago with the 0854 no. on it. Its the same no. as the old poster. The new number is the 0300 no. There wa sa thread about this a week or so ago. If you go onto the Ofsted site and click on contact us it gives you the 0300 number.

Just downloaded my copy.Theres abox for you to 'tell us what you think' so I've told them they should send one out to everyone that has recently received the old one.

Well I'm completely confused because we've just re-registered and when Mrs O came out for the registration visit she told me to call the 0300 number if I had any queries. But the new certificate arrived 5 days later with a copy of the poster with the 0845 number on.

I feel an email to Ofsted coming on.

Edited by Guest

When I spoke to Ofsted about this last week, they said that it was going to take a while for the change to filter down through all the many many documents, hence the fact the certificates that have been issued these last few weeks still having the old number.

bah flipping humbug! That really brings out the worst in me!!! What a waste of time and effort. I have now printed out the new number and stuck it over the poster they just sent me. Can't be rocket science to get it right in the first place, surely..... isn't that what they get paid for????

Grumble grumble grumble...........................................

On a similar thread has anyone received the new forms to complete from Ofsted? They are for when someone leaves or is new to the setting including committee, partners, staff etc. which apparently we should have been doing since 2008!?

It states that this should be done within 2 weeks of the event happening - yet when I phoned Ofsted last year (2009) to ask about the procedure for informing 'O' of new staff or staff/committee who have left - they told me that I no longer had to inform them?!?!? I did think that was strange - just as it was strange that when I enquired a couple of months ago that our group was considering changing from session to daycare - they told me to just do it - didn't need to inform them of that either??

I really despair- if it was the providers who were so incompetent with organisation and lack of clarity we would be deemed 'unsatisfactory' - here I rest my case!

We went from a 'good' to a 'satisfactory' 3 years ago because we werent displaying the poster, although all the complaints stuff was there. This time, I'm displaying both until I hear officially which it should be.

I phoned OFSTED today (on 08456 40 40 40) and said that we had recently received our new registration certificate along with the parents poster showing 08456 40 40 40.

I said that the parents poster available to download from their website, (and dated September 2008) showed the 0300 number.

I was told that they are in the process of changing to the 0300 numbers but that the 40 40 40 will be operational for 'another couple of months or so'.

I said I found a 'new number' on a downloadable document dated 2008 a little confusing, surely it should be dated 2010. The lady agreed with me and apologised.

When I said I would display the poster with 0300 she said 'that's fantastic thank you very much'

So right now either poster is OK but within a few months only the one with 0300 will be valid

hope this helps but I do think OFSTED could have made the number changeover far more straightforward!!

My email has been answered.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

The publication feedback that you have provided has been passed on to the relevant department.

Regards,

Charlotte Gibbon

Ofsted - National Business Unit

TEL: 0300 123 1231 So someones using the 0300 number!

this is so annoying just as you think everything is in order you have to change everything. just printed off new poster they sent me old one with new certificate a few weeks ago. now i have to change polices and leaflets with the new number what a performance.

buttercup

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)