Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evidence For Those That Receive Free Entitlement

Do you have to have evidence of funded children?

E.g. documentation? mentions something about it on p.22 of the 'are you ready for your inspection?' guide

ppp

lots of looks and no replies...

dont have the guidance so cannot read it.

perhaps a bit more explanation may give more replies...

evidence they attend, or that they receive funding, or that you monitor their progress?

You will have it all there somewhere...

(unusual for them to ask for evidence of the funding.. They are not interested in the financial side of the setting, just welfare and education... )

Inge

Thanks Inge

Under the section of 'All providers must keep the following written records:'

p.22 states 'Providers must also record and submit certain information to their local athority about individual children receiving the free entitlement to early years provision.'

All the funding forms are on my computer at home so can't show anything, we don't keep records at my setting and paper copies go to the treasurer.

Perhaps I'm reading it wrong.

Under the section of 'All providers must keep the following written records:'

I'm guessing 'certain information' is phrase used because the LA sets their own criteria in respect of what they need to see in terms of funded children. If you have blank funding forms and information sheets which you give out to parents, I'd imagine that would suffice to prove you follow all the procedures and requirements of your LA.

But then I haven't been inspected lately so perhaps I know nothing!

Maz

Our parents with children receiving funding have to complete a contract each term. Is that what they mean? The parents are DREADFUL at bringing them back!

How many of you actually see birth certificates while we're at it? That's nearly impossible in our setting.

We have to have a copy of the birth certificate or child benefit book, a signed declaration from the parent that they are not also claiming the entitlement elsewhere and a record of actual attendance showing hours per week, funded and non-funded