Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow At Last!

Beau

White bits in the air at times, but wouldnt call it snow yet! Certainly not settling.

Its not as cold here today as it was yesterday. I'd like to be able to get out and about as planned tomorrow so perhaps the snow will stay away until Wednesday?

we have had a lovely sunny day... but freezing cold...

that was until 5 mins ago......it became very dark while I was reading this post and........ now its snowing.......... :o

we dont get snow...... xD .

its not settling but so cold there is still time.....there is rather a lot of it...

Im off to check the log fire is still burning and enjoy a peaceful evening.

Inge

Much excitement in our house - children are speculating whether school will be on tomorrow: fervently hoping boilers break down etc.

I'll be really peeved if it snows really heavily tomorrow: its my teaching day so I won't be at nursery and I'll miss all the excitement of the children making snowmen and getting the chance to throw snowballs at the adults and everything.

Can I put in an order for a heavy downpour for Wednesday?

Maz

You are right about how quickly the weather can change Rea. I had just got out of the door with Jem and it started to snow. A few mintes later we had hailstones! Back inside now and that is where I am going to stay!

Linda

well...........................

i just got really excited started to snow... im worse than the kids jumping around in excitement ( thats what you get for those of us who hardly see snow) :oxD even started to settle....went to the loo came out................gone!!!!!!!!!! xD :rolleyes: :unsure:

Thats what we get down south ................ :(:(:( :wacko:

well it's the same in Surrey. I also got really excited when I saw large flakes of snow settling on the ground. It's been so long since we had thick snow, it's always a pathetic amount that lasts a day at the most.

Would love to be living up north at the mo with all the snow......except the cold though. I hate the cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snow "Flurries" here in kent, One of my staff flatly refuses to drive if it is snowing so I get to run a taxi service to work, still at least it makes sure they all get in on time...truth be told they are all normally in before me :o

Peggy

We are the same as you Hali. Coming home I drove in to snow, falling quite heavily and then 10 seconds later out the other side where it was clear and the sun was shining. I was getting so excited but now feel a bit down :o Hope it arrives on Wednesday.

Gizzy

I'm so disapointed! When I left work at 5pm tonight it was snowing quite heavily at work I was thinking great, snow when I get home! However, as soon as I got on the Motorway the snow vanished and its just blimmin cold here and clear skies. Damn those 20 miles and a few feet! I'm hoping it stays snowing at work so I don't have to stay at home or at least get sent home from work early!

Bring on the snow! I've not made a snowman in years!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else got a day off today because of the snow. We had loads yesterday and closed at lunchtime. Had a hair-raising drive home, school closed today. Making the most of a day off (rare in Kent!) - caught up with the ironing - might do some work for school later. :):)

Some schools in Sussex are closed Gail. I got stuck behind a snow plough up on Beachy Head this morning and was in a whiteout style blizzard on the way back. Very exciting! :D

However, I get back to Lewes and it's all green again...

We opened today but only 8 children turned up and 3 of them went home at lunchtime xD

I left my able staff to it, 3 staff 8 children what a fantastic ratio :D still I reminded them that they had plenty of time to develop certain areas of the play room, sort out the resources and catch up on development files whilst I returned to my nice cosy home/ office :) to get on with my funding paperwork. :o Give you one guess where I would rather be.

We closed twice last week, hence my trampolining fun.

Peggy

Well it's too damn cold. I'm freezing. The whole of my victorian house seems to leak cold air and I want the sun to shine.No snow to talk of, south london iced up to the levels of a skating rink......... :o 3 weeks to Morroco. :D

Well it has arrived at last. No tiny flkes, but BIG ONES :D:D:D . Roads are covered and I have no work today :D . Local secondary school is off (day closure) and both my boys are home. So guess what .............. We are going out in it. Can't remember the last time it snowed like this, well I can, over 10 years age. I am so excited can't wait to get out.

:D:D:D:D:D YIPPEE :D:D:D:D:D

:oxD:( Boo hoo, boo hoo, It's stopped and not even enough for a tiny snowman. Can't believe that a couple of minutes ago it was big flakes and now its stopped :(:( :wacko:

Well that didn't last very long :o It started to snow again and I thought Yippeeeeee

just enough time to make and throw a couple of very small snowballs with my sons and then the rain started xD:(