Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pogo Photo Printer

I went into PC world to ask about the pogo today an dwas given a blank look. The man hadnt heard of it, nor had his collegue and they couldnt find it on their web site. So looks like they dont do them anymore.

Can anyone recommend a camera thats compatible? Playgroups has broken so I might as well get the 2 together.

I have a kodak one which is compatible, but I've chucked the box so I can't tell you which model. If you look at the Pogo website you can click through to links which list which cameras are Pictbridge compatible which is what you are looking for. I just really like kodak ones.

PC World are apparently no longer stocking PoGo printers and accessories :o

Maplin have them in store, Rea but they're more expensive than on-line, and the assitant at Merry Hill knew less about them than I did from searching on the web xD

Nona

I was told at Jessops that they are 'old technology' and that once the current stocks of paper had been sold they wouldn't be making any more.

However I'm not sure he knew what we were talking about really. :o

Maz

I wonder if he thought you meant the old polaroid camera?

Cait he was so young he doesn't even know what a polaroid camera was! He seemed to kind of know what we were talking about, but I'm not sure he had the whole story right. It was what I call one of those EastEnders conversations - you know when two characters are ostensibly having a conversation with each other but are in fact talking about two different subjects? Though whether I was Dot or Ethel I'm not sure...

Still haven't taken the plunge yet - but might need to soon because you know how I like a new gadget and I haven't had one since the e-Reader!

Maz

Hehe - I've just bought my second one as the one I had seemed to be continuously in use, poor thing. This means that once can be charging whilst the other is working if need be!

hmm you're all tempting me now! I print off, on average about 70 pictures a week which we then have to cut out and then stick in the profiles....self-sticking....no cutting out...I could be spending my own money on this soon! :o

:o ha, another convert!!

I demonstrated my PoGo to my Network co-ordinator when she turned up (for my unannounced visit!) on Monday. She was most impressed and was going back to the office to spread the word!

Nona

I got my PoGo today! So far it seems really good, although I've only tried it out at home. I had it sat on the desk earlier and suddenly it started making noises and I thought it had gone wrong...but no, husband had worked out how to bluetooth it from his phone! Will be taking it to work tomorrow before he uses up all my paper!

Do you think it's time we wrote to Polaroid and told them how handy it is and could they please make sure they continue to make them or the next generation of them! and if they have any spare samples laying around could we have those too please.

:o Worth a try!

Cait - I wonder if the battery is faulty? Perhaps try swapping batteries between your 2 PoGo's and see if that has any effect. If it works ok with the other battery I'd ask for a replacement.

Nona

and if they have any spare samples laying around could we have those too please.

Maybe Beau could ask them for some samples to give out as competition prizes... :o

Maz

I've been using mine for a couple of weeks after reading how wonderful they were, but was somewhat disappointed with the quality of the prints, especially the ones which have a blue line running through them.

I'm thinking I'm the only one that this is happening to.

But putting new paper in tonight I noticed it said - use by 01/10 - so I'm now thinking it's the paper.

I bought 2 boxes of 70 photo paper from Amazon, and I know it's not long past January, but I shall be writing to them tomorrow as I only purchased it 2 weeks ago.

Not happy.

Jackie.

I've been using mine for a couple of weeks after reading how wonderful they were, but was somewhat disappointed with the quality of the prints, especially the ones which have a blue line running through them.

I'm thinking I'm the only one that this is happening to.

But putting new paper in tonight I noticed it said - use by 01/10 - so I'm now thinking it's the paper.

I bought 2 boxes of 70 photo paper from Amazon, and I know it's not long past January, but I shall be writing to them tomorrow as I only purchased it 2 weeks ago.

Not happy.

Jackie.

Oh flip :o Just checked my pack of 70 and it says use by 02/10. There's no use by on the outside of the unopened box, only on the individual wrappers on the 10 packs inside. Please let us know what Amazon say - might be worth taking up with Polaroid, too?

Think I'll print everything off asap just in case!

Nona

I hope this isn't the reason why the paper is so cheap - but if so they should tell you really shouldn't they?

Definitely worth taking further, I'd say.

Maz

Well I've just had an email from them asking if I'm using the blue 'smart sheet' paper otherwise it wont work properly!

How ****** rude, I'm fuming, do they think I'm stupid?

And then they tell me to let them know if there are anymore problems.

Well I've sent them a very short reply, blunt and too the point telling them that their paper is still out of date.

Too early for a drink, I think I need chocolate, though can't believe I've let myself get so annoyed about their reply!

Jackie.

Well the next email tells me to use the blue paper 2 or 3 times and that should solve the problem, but if it doesn't I have to get back in touch.

I'm much more chilled, biscuits work a treat!

Jackie.

but I've thrown the blue bits away :o

Incidentally, I saw on ebay that some of the stuff advertised there is exp. Jan 10. Something to be aware of! I did think of placing a bit but wondered if it was you lot out there that would be bidding against me - not playing that game, could get expensive!!

Been to Maplin this afternoon and they've sold out of paper! Was that you too?