Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Information For Parent Helpers

I'm after some kind of simple sheet that we could give to parent helpers explaining the kind of things they can and can't do - what's useful, what they need to refer to staff to do (e.g. taking children to toilet). Nothing too complicated as when we do get a helper (rarely) we don't want to put them off!

Can anyone save me typing something up myself?

Also, any advice on encouraging them. I've put up a sheet but they are very slow to sign up.

Thanks.

I think I put something in the resource library that might help you. It would be called something like a volunteers information leaflet. If you can't find it I can always send it to you. Of course it might need altering for your setting but you are welcome to adapt as required.

Hi

I can't find my list, but it just has a few points re toilets, keeping hot drinks in kitchen etc

I have also put a confidentaility policy in there and a feed back form that I got the idea from the forum 'three stars and a wish' . The parent helper fills it in with three things they thought were good and an idea for improving. It has gone down well with parents / LEA.

Hi

ours states that they are there to play with their child if that's all they wish to do and to chat with their Keyworker, however if they wish to get a little more involved they could:

read a story in the book corner

help to man the craft table

put names on pictures on the mark making table

be willing in role play!

make the staff and themselves a cuppa at snack time

help with washing up

our dont's:

do not take a child into our separate room unless with another staff member

hot drinks must be drank in the kitchen

don't take a child to the toilet

do not answer the door if the door bell rings

what they see/hear as part of a session must remain confidential :o

Hi everyone!

playgroupslave - I love your document this is great for handing out to parents when they arrive and I will be adapting mine (nowhere near as good as yours!) using your ideas - if you don't mind!!

I've uploaded the letter we sent out to encourage parents to come and help in the first place - we had a good reponse and it's done in such a way that once they become a parent helper we will allocate them a session each term!! :oxD

parent_helper2.docx

Thank you playgroupslave, that's a great leaflet and one I may pinch the idea off when I have more time. Thank you too mps for your doc - is it ok to pinch that for now?

Thank you playgroupslave for the pack, and to Cait for your IT skills - I was wondering why I couldn'y download it.

I love the friendly, informal way it is set our, so will be working on our version.

Thank you

Gruffalo2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)