Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsed

dorinda

Hi just wondered if anyone has come across this. We are a preschool and had a ofsted in 2008 where we got a good. Now we come under the umbrella of the school we had another ofsted in november 2009 and recieved an outstanding. I telephoned ofsted today to find out if we can use the outstanding ofsted sign and they said no because we have to go by what the school got which was a good. Even though he said we had an outstanding the ofsted inspector was with us for two days as well. I also found out that because we have 2 and a half year old children we need a seperate ofsted number from the school which means we will be inspected separetly from the school again. I do not think that is fair because we also will be inspected again when the school does. two inspections every 18 months I can't do that.

what do you all think.

Dorinda

Sounds like someone at Ofsted doesnt know the answer. It seems silly that you cant use your outstanding, what a lovely achievement. Sorry cant help with facts though

Edited by Rea

I think this is a real case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. So long as when the school is inspected you receive an inspection of a suitable length and rigour to give an accurate picture of what it is like for all the children in your setting, I don't see how Ofsted can justify making you register twice and having two inspections. If the school inspection team don't have the time or expertise to do this kind of inspection then you should be inspected separately from the school.

And as for not being able to use the 'outstanding' logo, how demoralising is that? You've earned the right to be regarded as outstanding and should be able to promote yourselves as such.

In reality it doesn't really matter whar we think does it - if them's the rules it so often feels as if we're stuck with them. Who can you lobby for support though? If only I ruled the world! :o

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz
Meant to say I've moved this into the inspections forum!

I imagine it will be the same as for those of us in CC's. We have a school arm OFSTED inspection for our over threes and the Childcare arm inspection for the under threes, so that will be where this is coming from. Soon CC's will have a CC inspections as well. :o I know they are talking about combining the three into one but I'm not sure how that will work or how effective it will be.

Well done on your outstanding I am not surprised you want to advertise it and so you should.

Nothing to add really except grrrrrrr Ofsted do my head in.

But fantastically well done on your outstanding!

And remember, it's not about Ofsted it's about the kids.

there doesnt seem any logic in that? but it doesnt stop you mentioning it to parents or telling the local press surely?

Could you do the next best thing get the press to write an article to celebrate your outstanding achievement and then print and frame the article and put it pride of place for all to see after all you earned it and its written on the ofsted report for any parent to verify

If this really is another "daft Ofsted" rule, I would say DO NOT use the outstanding Logo, as this might get up their noses, but i don't see why you can't quote the ofsted report, and quote the passages where they say you are outstanding.

As to further inspections, why not ring again and ask for clarification. Also ask your LEA should have an Ofsted coordinator type person, who should be able to make enquiries also.

Congratulations on your 'outstanding' achievement.....well done to you all! xD

I refuse to say anything about the dreaded 'O' ...........not this early in the morning nor on an empty tummy!! :o

I'm with eyfs1966 on this......you are perfectly entitled to quote from the report especially where it says you are outstanding. Well done! :(