Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fsf Snowmen......

SueFinanceManager

Dear all

Well after a stomp out in the snow my lot and me made a snowman. photos below.....the one in the hat is me!!!!!!

I have to say I think it is a fine specimen of a snowman although slightly slim if I am being ultra critical. I particularly like the brussel sprout eyes and ivy for the mouth :o

Snowman.jpg

Sue___snowman.jpg

My school and my children's school are closed so my husband, mother in law children and neighbours have spent the last 2 hours building a huge one. Well, I say 2 hours, for the last hour I've had all of the children inside while the adults have carried on on their own!

Great snowmen! (or women??)

This will make you laugh. My friend phoned this morning from Jersey. Told me that all the schools on the island are closed. Gosh that's unusual, how much snow did you get? I asked her. None! They just closed on the off chance that there might be some.

How crazy is that!!??? :o

I fear you may be waiting for Carol's response for some time, Jacquie - she has texted me to say she has a foot of snow and no power!!!

What a good idea - I texted her to let her know! Mind you, I did wonder what she would do when her mobile's battery runs out. :o

Maz

Beau says what a great idea - so that's official! Build your bestest, nicest snowman and upload the photo here. She'll sort out the details when she's back online - she says hopefully they'll get power back tomorrow. They're having dinner by candlelight tonight... :o

Maz

Well, there's a challenge! We actually have a risk assessment to say that we can't go out in the snow cos our play area is regularly vandalised. We have no way of knowing if there's glass, beercans etc under the snow....

But, we might think laterally and use the church field which is less accessible....... hmmmmmmm :o

Beau says what a great idea - so that's official! Build your bestest, nicest snowman and upload the photo here. She'll sort out the details when she's back online - she says hopefully they'll get power back tomorrow. They're having dinner by candlelight tonight... :o

Maz

Maz could this be either linked to from a new topic or highlighted in some way as January comp or it will / could be missed by others....

or maybe the title changed to include January comp..

Inge

Edited by Inge

I'm sure we could take account of extenuating circumstances if someone doesn't have any real snow :o

mmm Ice cream snowmen - love that idea. I agree with Jacquie - being early years people we're very good at including everyone! xD

Maz

post-3571-1262811436_thumb.jpg

Here's my attempt (hopefully, as not uploaded a photo before) - made with my own fair hands - no help! Husband thought I was mad! Note the continuation of the healthy eating theme - satsuma eyes and pepper nose and mouth!

post-3571-1262811436_thumb.jpg

Here's my attempt

Love it! Especially the hat/scarf combo!

When Beau is back online tomorrow she can decide what to do with all these photos - but I imagine they'll go into the gallery at some point, or she might move them into their own thread. It'll give her something to do because obviously having had no power for two days she'll need something to get her teeth into! :o

Maz

not intended as an entry for any competition as it is not an FSF snowman and wasn't built out of 'current snow' but just thought you might like to see the one my sons made. The lad on the right is 5ft 11ins tall so gives you some idea of how tall the snowman was :o

post-1999-1262821505_thumb.jpg

We have 2 different types of snow now the stuff underneath was excellent snowman building or snowballing snow but the stuff on top doesn't want to stick together much. Could be avalanche if we get much more with the top stuff sliding off :o

Thats what we're finding too. No good for anything, although on a positive note, I dont have to wash my hair cos I'm always wearing my hat! xD

Oh bother! I know I said we can't play out in the snow but we did make snowman buns before Christmas. Can't believe we didn't take a picture :o They were so fab and totally individual (not like the ones in the Asda magazine where I found the idea). Ice a bun, add a marshmallow, a liquorice string scarf, choc button hat, squirty icing features and buttons.... presto!

Next time.................... xD

i too went out to try today..much to my husbands amusement... but far too soft and powdery.. didn't stick together.. did try though..

this year everyone seems quite inventive with the snowmen.. so far I have seen a Dalek and my favourite was one doing a headstand.. it was really good.. complete with socks on its feet hat and scarf..

Inge