Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Snow And Closed Yipee!

Andreamay

Made the decision to close due to all schools closing today So happy not cos closed cos love being in with the children when it snows but no uni today!! yipee now just got to decide should i update my SEF (ofsted overdue) or start assignment? Or light the lounge fire and sit and watch this mornign and loose women? :o

Made the decision to close due to all schools closing today So happy not cos closed cos love being in with the children when it snows but no uni today!! yipee now just got to decide should i update my SEF (ofsted overdue) or start assignment? Or light the lounge fire and sit and watch this mornign and loose women? :o

Heres my son clearing the lane for me!!Well ok not for me for the farm use but hey wonder if he will clear road all way to Tesco need some bread!! :-)

Andrea

post-2846-1262693759_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andreamay

Lovely picture.

But pah been into work this morning. Well I only live 1 1/2 miles down the hill! Had a great morning playing in the snow with the Year 2 teacher and a few KS1 children!

I have walked to and from work too. But gosh it was hard work walking back up the hill in deep snow!

Beth

Heres my son clearing the lane for me!!Well ok not for me for the farm use but hey wonder if he will clear road all way to Tesco need some bread!! :-)

Andrea

wow, that's a great piece of equipment...you could probably hire him out by the hr in manchester and leeds today, london and south tomorrow!!

Andrea

Great picture - sons come in handy sometimes! xD

So how did you decide to spend your day today - work or sofa and TV? :o

We too decided to close today as all the schools and pre schools in our area and further afield were shut - all parents very understanding except one (committee Chair) who found it odd that we had decided to close as the staff could get in - all our local schools are closed again tomorrow - the reason they are giving is 'due to adverse weather conditions' so we have decided to close again - but am worried now that the 'weather' is not a good enough reason - have we done the correct thing?

Hi myhenroxanne

Its a tricky question on all of our minds at the moment no doubt, as to whether to stay open or close due to snow!

When we had our last heavy snowfall (Fri 18th) the infant school next to us closed, as did most of the surrounding schools.

Therefore, most staff were either 'snowed in' or unable to work due to having their own children to look after at home.

I said to all staff and children, if you want to venture into pre-school then do so, but if you feel it is safer to stay at home and not dig the car out then that's fine too! We had 5 staff and 4 children turn up after the last downfall and decided to close for that morning. I would never insist any staff or children come into work/pre-school for safety reasons and therefore leave it to each individual to make their own decision.

dottyp

Thanks DottyP, we are sessional pre school and only open for 2.5hrs tomorrow - so we thought rather than parents risk coming out in the bad weather to drop off and then have to return a couple of hours later it would be safer to close, plus although we are heating a large church hall and radiators are on maximum it still feels cold in there.

I couldn't believe the chairperson as she herself had decided not to bring her own son.

Update.

Although we were open today.

We are closed tomorrow because of the lack of gritting going on at the bottom of the hill. My site is next to a main road which is being gritted! The bottom site is very bad apparently there's been crashes nearby.

Ah well at least I don't have to walk 40 minutes down a different hill to get to work!

Beth

Your poor son Hali......all fun and games here in Somerset....no school, no nursery! All my children are out in the snow at the moment, I have walked to the local shop and now home in the warm......trouble is I have lots to do at work! Nevermind, guess I better enjoy it.

Edited by Guest

I was off school/work today. I haven't done much outside in the snow, should have made them mini snowmen round the back today then.

We are back tomorrow. Ummm that will be fun walking down a road to school and yes I mean the road where possible. Ah well at least I only work mornings! So can play around the back garden in the afternoon. Although I am ment to be starting a new course at college at 1pm. But I can't get there without the car and where I work there is a very limited bus service because of the snow!

Beth

thanks shirlel - he was obviously very upset - and they say he cannot retake till end of March!!!!! :( because of backlog - i did my decs today too so that was good - and only other good thing is that we are due hevy snowfall again sunday eve - so my mum may not be able to fly back to Cyprus :oxD:(