Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resolutions, Anyone?

Cait

So are we all thinking up some great resolutions for the coming year? I didn't manage to keep mine last year - I said I would write to my Mum in Yorkshire at least once a month. I didn't manage it - and I'm blaming technology for that! She discovered Windows Live Messenger, so she chats to me online most evenings; she texts me on her mobile, most days, and of course we speak on the telephone. I did write some letters of course, as it's always nice to get letters.

So, now I'm trying to think of what I can do THIS year - has anyone got some good ideas yet?

I didn't manage to lose weight last year but going to try again this year. If I can give up smoking after 25 years as a new years resolution I'm sure I can lose weight. My friend has lost 6 stone...yes 6 stone!!! and becomes a Slimming World consultant on the 12th Jan so my resolution starts on the 12th when I join her new class. The leaflet drop for her on the 3rd may help me get started. :o

*Runs off to check the other forum to put it up! lol*

Heres mine from 2009:

*Finish my Foundation Degree Early Years. Yes did that!

*To get a place on a top up course to convert FD into a BA (hons).Again did gain a place but something called work got in the way! lol

*To get my maths equivlency course by the time I complete my FD course.nope didn't get much help did I! lol

*To try and complete the Adult Leadership Qualification (ALQ) by the end of the acdemic term. Still working on it.

*Get a job I want after completing the maternaty leave contract in summer.ah that darn job, ended up with a better job in a school!

*Oh and try to loose another stone in weight.not quiet met that goal but lost 10lbs!

2010 goals:

*Finish ALQ for Feb 1/2 term almost done!

*To gain a GCSE grade C or above in English, plus attempt a C grade in Maths BUT be happy with a lower grade!

*To just enjoy work! lol

*To attempt to gain a place on the BEd (Hons) Education without QTS

*Make sure if the above doesn't happen do GCSE Science and resit maths if not a C grade and apply for courses with QTS status too! lol

*To loose at least another 10lbs if not more in weight!

I didn't manage to lose weight last year but going to try again this year. If I can give up smoking after 25 years as a new years resolution I'm sure I can lose weight. My friend has lost 6 stone...yes 6 stone!!! and becomes a Slimming World consultant on the 12th Jan so my resolution starts on the 12th when I join her new class. The leaflet drop for her on the 3rd may help me get started. :o

Slimming World is good! Since August 09 I have lost 10lbs!!!

Definitely to give up smoking :o I really really am going to do it this time.

Also going to get fit - well fitter!

I was kind of impressed with the wii adverts before Christmas, the ones with a balance board and how it can work out an exercise routine.

Lo and behold, Christmas morning found me becoming the owner of a wii with sports resort and balance board thanks to my lovely sons - still finding my way round the technology but having fun doing so!!

Edited by Geraldine

You lucky thing you! I'd quite like a go on one to see what it's like

Still a little stunned by such a welcome and unexpected present! My daughter-in-law to be has one and she is coming back with my son on Tuesday and staying for a week or so - she is going to help me get to grips with it all and sort out a personalised exercise programme - really looking forward to it and meanwhile enjoying several different games! It's a very clever piece of technology!!

mine would be to be better organised Tyrell is a very lively 17 month s now and at nursery 4 days a week getting him and Samantha sorted and out each morning is a major oldperation im still doing my degree but between the children my job and the home i dont seem to be getting much study done. so i need some time management skills

Edited by Guest

Mine is to be more organised too! :o

Stop - thinking about/worrying about/making lists of all the things I need to do and just DO THEM!!!

Go into my spare room/office/dumping ground everyday and throw away/recycle/shred something!!!

Seconded!!!!! xD

Nona

Thirded and if I did that everyday by the end of the year my study might be more useable again. Plus my husband would be very pleased if it meant it got tidied.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

I have tried the loose weight one before so not even going down that road.

I am going to try and be a bit more organised about meal times, very often we all come in the door from school and i end up cooking the first thing that falls out of the freezer, which is lazy and expensive and not healthy, although i do make sure they always have a vegetable or 2.

Guest woodentop

Happy New Year.

Mine is to keep up the training on my wii - 30 mins a day - fantastic, never thought I would even go on it. AND I have just joined slimming world - not sure if I can do it, finding it hard already. comfort food is my worst habit, if I am feeling stressed I eat everything.

Happy New Year.

Mine is to keep up the training on my wii - 30 mins a day - fantastic, never thought I would even go on it.

I think I will add this to my stopping smoking resolution xD

Since Christmas day I have become a wii fit addict! I have a lovely 'male trainer' :o and in spite of the festive food my BMI has gone down by 2 and I have lost 6lbs :(:( Apart from the 'proper'keep fit exercises I have had great fun on a huge variety of games that involve physical exercise/agility. I have been working my way through the balance games and at last understand how the balance board works. I am currently the family ski jump champion!!!! :(

Guest woodentop
I think I will add this to my stopping smoking resolution xD

Since Christmas day I have become a wii fit addict! I have a lovely 'male trainer' :o and in spite of the festive food my BMI has gone down by 2 and I have lost 6lbs :(:( Apart from the 'proper'keep fit exercises I have had great fun on a huge variety of games that involve physical exercise/agility. I have been working my way through the balance games and at last understand how the balance board works. I am currently the family ski jump champion!!!! :(

oh and I thought he was my personal trainer- I thought he was having an affair - you wait till I see him later.

My favourite is the skiing and the step activities. I now step for 30 mins while I watch the soaps, it makes me forget I am even doing it.

I haven't really lost much, but well done you.

Edited by woodentop

another losing weight one - my asthma nurse is pleased with me as I've lost 10kg in a year - had a very luxurious christmas so need to get back on track next week.

I like the "enjoy work" one, lessen the paper work, more spontaneous enjoyment of my lovely work children and following what they want to do, planning - free days and see what happens

read to my children again and not be too tired