Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Changes To The Forum Areas

Helen

The discussion forum categories have been renamed and we have changed the order of the forums within those categories. We hope you like the changes and that you can find forums more easily according to your setting and your particular interests.

Within the Reception and Key Stage 1 category we now have separate forums for Reception Observation, Assessment & Planning; EYFSP; EYE-Profile;School Curriculum & General Issues; School Inspections;Year 2 discussions;Foundation Stage Units

Within the Nursery, Playgroup, Children's Centre and Childminder category we have Observation, Assessment and Planning for Pre-school aged children; Nursery Management Issues; Nursery Policies and Procedures; Nursery Education Funding; General Issues for Nurseries, Playgroups, CCs and CMs; Accreditation; Inspections; Birth to Three; Committee Members; Children's Centres; Childminders

In our third category, For Discussion of Non-setting Based Issues: Mix, mingle and chat! we have EYFS statutory framework; Practice and Provision; Child Development; Inclusion & SEN; Training and Professional Development; Research; Men in Childcare; Article Discussions; Resources; Topics and Activity Ideas; ICT; Nannies; For Parents!

Do take some time browsing through the forum areas...we hope they meet with your approval!

Makes sense to me!

Just looked back at the forum list and wonder whether turning the titles round a bit would be better - don't know if it's the same on everyone's screen of course, but mine has "Observation, Assessment (or whatever) followed by "Nursery .... then the rest of it is lost. Would it be beneficial to have the group at the start, so it's " Nursery Observation, Assessment .... " and "Reception and Yr1 Observation ..." ?

Edited by Cait

You have no idea how long I spent thinking about that one! "Reception Observation, etc" is OK, but I couldn't put "Nursery Observation, etc" because that section is also for playgroups, CCs and CMs! Didn't think I could do a separate one for each of those, so I've settled for "Obs, Ass and Planning for Pre-school aged children" and hope everyone knows it's for everyone who isn't in reception! Still not entirely happy but it's the best I can do for the moment :o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I hope you can help me. How can I change my username?

Send a PM to Steve or Sue and they'll be able to help. Click on '0 New Messages' and that'll take you to the PM system. Steve and Sue are admin peeps and have the power to change usernames. Probably Helen can do it too!

Maz

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jenpercy

It is still very difficult for me to discover what I would be interested in as a Kids club for 4 year olds an upwards. I know I haven't had much response to my call for a separate forum -but I wonder if more Kids club providers would stay/join if there was one. I am continually opening posts and finding that it is all too technical for the level of EYFS provision that I HOPE the inspector wants from us

Hi Jen,

Many thanks for your feedback. We have now provided a new forum for Kids Clubs, and you'll find it under the childminders' forum if you scroll down the forum index. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)