Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Are Ofsed Normaly Late?

We have been expecting Ofsted since forever, before summer all we heard was ofsted are ahead of schedule so they will be coming in, then we were told def on auumn 1 now he is saying it is to the day since the last one! The last ofsted was on the 8th Nov and we are still waitin! so just quickly when do yous think we will get the visit? im so fed up of waiting and all my lessons are going bloody brilliant and noone but my ta is there to see it ha x x x :o

im so fed up of waiting and all my lessons are going bloody brilliant and noone but my ta is there to see it ha x x x :o

Just think how much the children are getting out of these wonderful lessons. They are there to experience and appreciate it and I'm sure that will show through when Ofsted do eventually arrive. That's exactly what it's all about.

they will come when they are ready...

and have found in our case it has usually been later than the interval they give, unless you were deemed unsatisfactory or whatever the current term is..( keep changing it but still means the same!)

the setting I left had a 3 yr interval given at last one, but as an aside she did say it would be more like 4 as we were not in need if support and doing well.

since then there has been change in registration to full day care, then leader, then another change in registration to include an after school club, and 3.5 years from the last they are still waiting... they have been expecting it ever since the first change, which coincided with eyfs coming in , but have become very resigned to the fact it will happen eventually..

They felt with so many changes someone would notice and a visit would be planned, they are still waiting... and fully expect one last week of this term .. ours always seemed to come at end of a term, last week before Christmas or summer .. when nothing is 'usual' and chaos is the norm!

Inge

oh i am not doing extra effort i am just carrying on as normal as is my friend but the rest of the staff, bless them are about to crack any time soon! im doing a trip to the fish and chip shop friday to keep everyone doing ha x x x thanks for all your responses.

• 11 months later...
We were inspected Sep 2005

Our next inspection was Nov 2009 so over a year late !

We were inspected in 1999 then again in 2006 then 2007 then 2010

so basically they can turn up any time and it's no good trying to figure them out

Well our last one was early - totally unexpected! 2007 and then 2009 - and our outcomes were 'good' in 2007. It was a total surprise when I opened the door and saw her there!

Sometimes if you were good or outstanding at the last one they will check your results on their system and if there are no problems with them they will put off your inspection in favour of doing schools where there are problems. One school I know of expected them all year (as they were due), then finally at the end of the year got a call to say "actually we won't be coming for a year or two".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)