Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Contacting Other Settings

Does any one have (I'm sure someone posted something a while ago but I can't find it !) a letter that they send out to contact

other settings about a child that attends both ?

We have a few children that attend different nurseries so, we thought we would make the initial step and contact them as no-

one has attempted to contact us. Just following up on some pointers that where given to us by ofsted !

Thank you !

Motherclangerx

Hi Motherclanger

I do not have a letter format, but tend to phone the setting after gaining written permission from the parent.

Although it is a requirement for settings to work together in a child's learning, I have never been approached

by another early years provider and we have at least 4 children attending additional settings.

dottyp

We send with the parents permission a little paper book

to the other setting.

This tells them who the key worker is, our setting name, ect

We then write what the child will be doing, any themes and festivals coming up that we will be covering and anything of interest the other setting should know about the childs time at our nursery. This comes back sometimes ! Ofsted liked it

Hi MC.........check out thread titled 'Information Sharing' ..........I would provide a link.......but........don't know how to! :oxD

:( :( :( Fibber - you've done it before!! :wacko: xD :rolleyes:

here you are

quick edit to add the link for you!

Edited by Cait

i keep thinking about this and as someone siad on the link thread my worry is the other settings will get the credit for the info. we send but won't send back.

So, rather meanly , I am thinking of putting some dates on my sheet such as 'date sent to other setting" and 'date information recieved back' and CC ing the sheet to parents (as we should be anyway) but so that the other setting will realise that we will inform the parents if we don't hear back.

Ohhhhhhh. Thought halloween was last week...what a mean old bag I am....!!!

well Edlee I have to agree with you and I will use some of your good ideas we had our Ofsted in Sept and was pulled on not contacting another setting we have done since but still await a reply. we really have no evidence to say we have done this but they will be able to use what we have sent. I am not going to send any more till we receive a reply as just sending info to them does not seem in the interest of the child as we are supposed to share if you see what I mean.

sue

I wrote letters to the other settings at he start of the year and kept dated copies in the operational file and wrote it into the SEF. We didn't get anything back in spite of seeing the classroom assistant out and about several times and reminding her. So we did KEYPIE notebooks and made a sticker for the inside cover (which is uploaded on here somewhere) which more or less says "this is our idea, and it's come from us"

We photo copy the pages on the book and put in the childs file as evidence,

befor sending to other settings

Edited by Guest

I wrote to my local setting..............................and hand delivered the letter, which i also hand delivered a copy of to their chairperson and had no response.I then repeated this and again, no reply.When Ofsted came, she asked what we do about sharing info and I showed her copies of the dated letters I had sent.She said we had done what we could and although it's a requirement to share info, we could only do what we already had, I'm going to try again though as they have a new chair now and the current playleader is rumoured to be leaving, so hopefully, things might change

Thank you for all your replies, it is sad that other settings don't want to work together, surely its in the best interest of the child.

I guess I can only try to get a response from other settings, if we send out a letter at least Ofsted can see we have made an attempt.

Motherclangerx

Your thoughts please

I am just about to design a basic chart for sharing info. 6 boxes on one piece of paper with each area of learning in and ask other settings to make a note in each box of the activities which the shared child enjoys. I will also do the same on the sheet first. I'll send it with an SAE in the hope it comes back to me!

What do you all think? Is that what O require? Shows I'm having a go!

Thank you!

ppp

Umm, well......no.

But I'll have made a start!

An interesting read if anything and it may show me how our shared child behaves in their other setting!

Panders are you the big O? That was a big O question, well it felt like it!

Thank you!

We try sending a letter but so far no replies its very grustrating as I would reply to another setting as it would benifir the child surely? :o , but we have copies of permission from parents as evidence that we tried, can't do much more!!

Can someone please direct me to the document which states we are required to share info?

My letter is in need of the correct terminology!

Thanks

ppp

Can someone please direct me to the document which states we are required to share info?

Page 17 of the statutory Framework says:-

Creating the framework for partnership working

1.16 Partnership working underpins successful delivery of the EYFS in a number of different ways.

■■ Where children receive education and care in more than one setting, practitioners must ensure continuity and coherence by sharing relevant information with each other and with parents. Patterns of attendance should be a key factor in practitioners’ planning.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)