Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef Again

Buttercup

informed by a collegue that info has been changed on the sef. I knew that there was a new version and we would have to change ours but did not realise that someone was going to move our information.

went on their today and all our information has been moved around with notes to say it has been moved please delete. could not concentrate on what they had done. put on the to do pile again.

buttercup

Yes I looked earlier and its got notes all over it and more scary some new gaps!!! xD great !!

I think the only thing to do will be to go through it AGAIN ! and make sure all the bits they ve moved join up .

I did mine originally a while ago and thought I d got it covered .

I updated it a couple of weeks ago thinking I was keeping ahead of the game (and MRS O) but looks like I ve got more to do. :o

Mrs O has been putting in so me early visits in our area so thought it would be good to go over it -great!! I had a feeling they might be early -I was only inspected dec 07 but some of my colleagues inspected around the same time as me have had inspections within 2 Years so suppose I d better be prepared

Saying that one local childminder got good recently and she s not even done her SEF so it makes you wonder why I m bothering :(

Hello, can some one please post the link for the new form, for early years (private day nursery).

I cant seem to find it!

Thanks

I am so pee ed off about this. I also went to amend and got disheartened from trying to work out where everything is - just wanted to type what amendments I had handwritten on the printed last submitted form.

god forbid they should leave anything alone for more than a year.

have you looked at it? they have changed 'enjoy and achieve' to....wait for it....'achieve and enjoy'.

and changed 'stay safe' to 'feel safe' or something equally ludicrous.

and added 'ambition'.

at the moment my ambition is to go and punch whoever is getting paid to make these amendments.

grrrr

Oh Anju your post made me laugh -I hadn't put my SEF on when I should have in the summer. So I need to put it into the new format. I understand that if you have already put your SEF on, Ofsted are transferring your items for you into the new areas - don't know if this is happening though.

My Setting Improvement Partner (new description for Early Years Advisory Teacher) has helped me greatly to get to grips with the new sections and as you say, some of the new categories are enough to make you want to spit! I just hope I manage to get this SEF on line before they change it all again.

Hi all, thanks for the heads up last week. I went on today and printed off what's there (what they've jigged around) and the guidance. I then went and spent 1 1/2 hours reading and ammending on paper so now, hopefully i just have to go in and delete their notes. It looks like their notes are just letting us know what's moved and from where? Then, obviously there are the new sections.

Oh joy, just what i need when we are imminently going to be visited!!

Fingers crossed

PS: Thanks to all of you who are there continually pulling us all through!!!!!! x

Can I just check that the form I'm filling in is right on my old form Leadership and Management was one section now it seems to have been spilt into several more but everywhere I read that it is supposed to be shorter. How much are people writuing in each bit of that section I'm running out of things to say.

Also how do I get the samples of SEF when I type in exemplar sef I get no results.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Can I just check that the form I'm filling in is right on my old form Leadership and Management was one section now it seems to have been spilt into several more but everywhere I read that it is supposed to be shorter. How much are people writuing in each bit of that section I'm running out of things to say.

Also how do I get the samples of SEF when I type in exemplar sef I get no results.

Thanks

These examples are the olf sef form but here are some links that might help

Exemplar sefs

Sef Update Form

Sef Report

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

What a nightmare. Our SEF had been changed, with all these ** and delete comments. We were so confused but the worst thing is that the Leadership and Management section was now empty!!!! It has been moved into other sections. Now we will have to think of other things to put in that section. Is it worth it??

Bev

I have taken over from a previous manager and have finished completing the SEF but not online....before she left the previous manager said she had submitted mine online for me...I am just finding time and feeling I am able (restricted time and authority to do anything until now!) to have a look but I need the Ofsted Secutiry token to get online to check and change as appropriate with regard to the new format and I have made lots of changes and need to update the form......nightmare trying to get the password....I spoke to Ofsted yesterday and they didn't have me registered as Manager! But had my suitable person cleared? I have time to do this at home TODAY but have to wait for my password in the post, once my committee chair has written to confirm who I am! :o:(xD

Can anyone help? I have my Ofsted Security number and have tried to register it just wont let me....I can phone on Monday...just wondered whether any of you had experienced problems....don't think I am doing anything wrong......?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)