Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Clocks

We.ve just had this debate in our house.

Hubby hates dark evenings, I love them. He finds it depressing, I love the cosy feeling of sitting in front of the log burner on a dark winter evening. It's a great time to have 'dark' activities with the childminded children who are here til 5 or 6. Glowsticks, torches etc - great fun in the garden in the dark.

Small daughter loves it because she can feel Christmas coming, big daughter is just cross because she can't ride on the lanes after school.

I think we'll all have to agree to differ!

When my sons were 'small' I too loved the dark evenings and completely recognise the open fire and children safely at home........

But now I really don't like it at all - poor Mr Sunnyday leaves for work in the dark and gets home in the dark - miserable for him I think!

I do like Halloween - we are in very small village so it usually passes without any 'trouble' and I will be kept busy jumping up to answer the door and hand out treats to various witches, vampires and skeletons! :o

Christmas - goodness I can't get my head around the fact that it is just around the corner (again) I absolutely love Christmas when it's here - hmmm not so keen on the very busy 'run up' - who knows perhaps I'll get myself organised early this year......

(Crikey - just had to duck - a pig flew over my head)! :(xD:(

I love it that the computer changes the time for itself. Now I just have to do the clocks the rest of the house. Even better, I don't have to do the DVD player because Roy took it to pieces to mend the drawer so now it's waiting to go in a skip!

Just one question. Why don't they give us this extra hour on a Monday morning in term time?

Well I love the clocks going back as this morning we got up and it was light instead of dark like the morning before. I hate getting up in the dark. The thought of it being dark until mid-morning, if we didn't alter the clocks, really bothers me. People driving early morning in the pitch dark, half asleep, bothers me as well, and children working in school in the dark doesn't seem natural, so I am thankful that we turn our clocks back. I'm so glad I don't live where we would be in the dark for 6 months of the year.

upsy daisy dont put the dvd player in the skip!!!!! take it to work and get the children to take it apart with tools, i did that and they had great fun they stayed at the mat for ages, even better when you say " i wonder who can put it all back together again!!!" :o

upsy daisy dont put the dvd player in the skip!!!!! take it to work and get the children to take it apart with tools, i did that and they had great fun they stayed at the mat for ages, even better when you say " i wonder who can put it all back together again!!!" :o

Wow! What a great idea for an activity!! Thanks for that. xD

Sorry, I should have said. My six year old has beaten the childminded children to it. She and her Daddy have completely dismantled it and the only thing recognisible is the casing.

It was a lovely learning activity for her and she especially enjoyed unscrewing all of the circuit boards from the casing. They looked at where the leads plug into and what that joins to them inside the case, worked out how the belt opened the drawer, where the power came in, etc. It was a lovely activity and I shall be taking the next opportunity to do it with childminded children as well, whenever it comes around (let's hope it's not too soon or too expensive a gadget!)

Just a note of caution from my huspand; be careful of capacitors and don't ever do it to a television set.

Wow! What a great idea for an activity!! Thanks for that. xD

Just be sure to remember to remind the children that this is an old dvd player and that they shouldn't go home and try to dismantle the family machine with their screwdrivers! :o

Maz