Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outside Play Sand, Is This A Cheaper Option?

Hi everybody

Was wondering what your thoughts were on this and whether this could be an option. Already my budget for the foundation unit is running low and i still have heaps of sand to buy for inside and out. With the normal size bag it takes about 5 bags to fill our outdoor sandpit and as you klnow it doesnt last that long (chn just cant seem to keep it in the sandpit) Anyway, do you think a better option would be to buy builders sand from a proper builders yard for our outdoor area, it works out so much cheaper and then just use the usual play sand for indoors. Would love to hear your views on this one.

xxx

Builders sand is far coarser than play sand, it does make hands sore and does stain clothes. It may be cheaper option but

not recommended for children to play with. I always look out for the GLS or HOPE sale brochures as I picked up

20 x 25kilo bags for £1.99 each. Tesco is also another good place to look out for reduced bags of children's sand. :o

dottyp

Thankyou all for your replies, i thought that aswell, but just wanted to double check....one of those jobs that needeed to be done over the past two weeks. Can tick it off my list of things to find out

xxx

The sand that you get to brush between paviours in the drive is very nice and free-flowing, whiteish sand. My Preschool used it (as we had loads left over from the drive) last year very successfully.

we buy our sand from county supplies - its a lot cheaper than galt etc - do you have an equivalent - they would sell to local schools so ask there -they might be able to help. they also sell everything else paint, glue,collage supplies etc at much cheaper prices than galt etc x