Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Isa Information

JacquieL

I just thought I would post this in case anyone was wondering what the ISA requirements are now the ISA has gone live.

"Please note: ISA-registration for the Vetting and Barring Scheme does not start for new workers or those moving jobs until July 2010 and ISA-registration does not become mandatory for these workers until November 2010. All other staff will be phased into the scheme from 2011. Further information on how to apply for registration will be provided in due course."

http://www.isa-gov.org.uk/

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if they have decided how much it will cost to register yet?

The pdf (in April 2009) says £64, but £58 in Northern Ireland. However individuals can't register until July 2010.. so plenty of time to save up!

Maz

• 1 month later...

Who pays the employer or the employee? we have 9 staff and this will be nearly £600 if it is the employer a large amount of money. But I also think £64 for an individual who only earns less than £60 each week is a lot. Will it also put off prople applying to work with early years on low hourly rates as it is.

Carol jayne

I think each person is expected to apply themselves as its a register they are joining and will hep tehm in any job they apply for. At playgroup I'm thinking of going halves with the staff because like you say its a lot to pay out of a small salary. It will depend on funds closer to the time though, but that wont be July 2010 for new staff and for existing staff its from 2011. Plenty of time to save up like Maz says but the register is live now for reporting to.

We are thinking of going halves with our staff too. But we do have some staff with other jobs (TAs/Lunchtime Supervisors etc) so in those cases we are going to see if the other employer will be offering anything before we commit ourselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)