Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

One More Question.....please!

Ok, yes im still going on about planning...weekly!

My one question is........................do you have on your weekly plans a list of areas you have available for continous provision and then add items/resources etc to them as you observe the children and follow their interests?

or do you have your planning broken down into areas of development and fill in these with the resources etc you would use to enhance this are of development? does this make sense? Im not sure :o

From Sept we have the new 'learning journals' to use and I have been reading through and I can see how these will work...i.e planning from obs for the individual child but my mind is blank as to how to show how you plan for the whole group on a weekly basis.

i have 'long term plan'.......showing celebrations/festivals etc etc

'medium term'....laminated A4 sheets in each area of the setting showing how we accomodate the 4 EYFS principles

individual plans for each child taken from our obs and parent info (kept in learning journals)

Weekly planning......im stuck!!!! help me please!!!

I have looked on the EYFS website and found some plans on there...does anyone else use these?

I AM SORRY ABOUT POSTING YET ANOTHER TOPIC ON PLANNING...REALLY I AM xD

I use some of the planning on the EYFS cd quite successfully. This is just a weekly plan. A4 sheet, left hand side types of provision, i.e. malleable, physical, water, sand etc. then columns for each day of the week Staff fill in an activity they want to do with a child taken from an observation to do with them the following week as a follow up to their interests. If I find I have empty "cells" I then pop in an enhancement from our list of continuous planning for that area if I think we need it.

So when we return in September the weekly plan will look a little bare - but the cells will get filled up throughout the week with ideas from the Keyworkers, which follow the children's interests for the following week. Over the weekend I then prepare the next week's activities suiting the children's interests from that.

Panders, that exactly how we do ours- it's reasuring to read when other do the same.

I'm against 'writing for the sake of writing'

The system works well for us - all staff are fully involved and the planning is out all the time getting things added and changed as needed

MrsB - we use this in additon the LTP which sounds pretty much the same as yours based on festivals, events etc.

We plan quite thoroughly (probably too much!) and our long term feeds into our medium term plan then short term plan. I have a list of activities from that weeks objectives we are covering and i fill these in on a sheet that lists all the areas e.g painting, tactile, sand, water, book corner etc. Then I fill in any sections without a specific activity with staff suggestions from their previous weeks evaluations. I guess this sounds a bit muddled and I can't seem to upload it at the mo to show you. If you PM me your email address i can try that way if that helps?

we too used the format of a page with types of provision in one column and days of week in others, taken from EYfs and adapted to our areas..

we had one for am and on back was pm - as sessions were different and things changed dramatically between the two..

this was empty in the beginning of the week and added to by all and by end of week overflowing with either what the children had chosen to do or our enhancements, using a code to say which it was..

this was basically an enhancement to the continuous provision plans which showed the areas of learning etc..

end of week it was evaluated and often some was moved on to the following week from obs of what the children had been doing.. and where the current interst was..

actually meant planning was very easy and on the go rather than taking ages to do each week, they still do it this way even after I left as it was found to be effective.

Inge

Thanks for your replies.... I have done the planning sheet and a little brief description for all staff to read ! Ineed to add an area for evaluating the week and was thinking of putting that on the back.

Is this similiar to what others use?

oops looks like ive attached the same thing twice !!!

EYFS_ST_weekly_area_plan.doc

EYFS_ST_weekly_area_plan.doc

Edited by Mrsb

I think it is great, shows that planning is based on observations and children's interests. I did mine yesterday, and now want to change it again lol, but I won't as it covers other things I think need addressing when I start in September as well.

It really seems a minefield this planning business doesn't it?!!

Clare x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)