Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Missing First Week Back :(

:o Going to miss the first week or two back to nursery xD

Im booked in on Saturday 29th August to have my gallbladder removed and not allowed to return to work for at least 2 weeks! I look forward to starting a new year and meeting all our new children and parents and feel disappointed that Im not going to. I wasnt expecting the date to come through until at least end of October.

Now got just over a week to get as much paperwork done for my deputies, because as usual I have left everything to the last minute :rolleyes:oooppss.....that will teach me. My dear old Nan always used to say to me 'never put off til tomorrow what you can do today'!

oooooh sounds painful - or will it be less painful once done?

i am sure you will quickly get to know the new children and parents once you start back - it never takes long does it?

as for the work - i know how you feel - have been decorating for last few weeks and now have to catch up on all the paperwork - but my brain seems to have shut down - does anyone else have this problem?

How odd, I know someone else going in for gall bladder removal this month - and she's a teacher too! She's having keyhole surgery so hopes to be on her feet again quickly and not miss anything!

Thinking about you both!

Good luck with your operation :o I had my gall bladder removed about 17 years ago and was sooooooooo happy to say goodbye to the pain of gallstones once and for all!

That's just reminded me the surgeon presented me with a jar containing the gallstones - no idea where they are now though xD

Edited by Geraldine

It is sad that you're going to miss out on the first week of term, but I'm sure you'll be glad to get it all over and done with.

A friend of mine had hers removed by keyhold surgery and she was surprised at how much better she felt even during the post op period (she doesn't cope well with pain, discomfort and not being in control!). She hadn't realised how generally unwell she'd been feeling for so long, and just having the thing removed made her feel so much better.

Hope all goes well with your op and that you're back to work fit and healthy soon!

Maz

Good luck with the op Mrs B, i had mine removed about 2 years ago by keyhole surgery and have not looked back!

Just a quick bit of advice..... i was advised of the 2 weeks off, but as i am self employed i decided i didnt need to listen to this! I think i took about 6 full days until i felt ready to go into work to undertake light duties which was fine, however, i had forgotton that on the 9th day i had my first aid refresher training. I went along to this however the day after, the larger wound began bleeding quite heavily. I found i had a haematoma which resulted in 2 weeks off!!!

So although it is sad you miss the first weeks back, it is definately worth it taking the advised recovery time!

Ah thanks everyone for you messages......wont be sorry to say goodbye to these stones. I hve been in bed since yesterday with pain and just feel like getting up now!!!

Anyone who has had gallstones or knows someone will know how painful it is....not nice xD We are still on holiday until 7th Sept so that is why I will prob only miss the first week but I will be sensible and listen to my body and return when i feel ready, I can always catch up at home with paperwork etc :o