Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Cards

Oh my god, been into town this afternoon and the card factory have there christmas cards out xD

I want to go and lay down in a dark room and bang my head against the wall - ITS ONLY AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:(

Anyone else seem them where they live?

I'm afraid I'm to blame-I've been buying Christmas cards and decorations today xD Nipped into Matalan looking for curtains (another story) and they had all last years Christmas items at a 75 % or more off. I got christmas sequins 5 assorted packets on a card for 50p, large boxes of mixed decorations (I'm thinking water tray here) £1, boxes of 3D cards 50p and more...

I promise I won't buy any more :(

PS If you want any Matalan Christmas bargains don't go to Halifax they have non left :o

Sorry to say I bought all of my cards (and most of my presents) in the sales in January and throughout the year!! I know I'm very sad but all I've left to buy are my mum and dads and a few bits for my children, who are 21 and 18.

I can most definitely recommend the Boots January sale!!!

Dear me and the summer hols are not over yet! I usually buy things like crackers in the January sales, oh and wrapping paper. I went to Costco yesterday and they had all sorts of Christmas novelties. I shall try to avoid it all for as long as possible.

I really can't be doing with Christmas arriving before my Summer to do list is at least half done!

Like you Jacquie I shall avoid it for as long as possible! That said, we break up very early for Christmas this year so we'll have to get planning for our nursery festivities more or less as soon as we get back!

Maz

thinking about it I saw some in shops 4 weeks ago now when I was in Canterbury, actually loads of them in one shop...

at the time I wondered if they sold them all year

just as Hot cross buns are now available all year round... I wanted tea cakes but all I could find were hot cross buns!

Inge

Well I can quite happily say that I have yet to see any christmas decorations in Tesco - yet!!

The tesco I work in is currently getting a first floor so we have a temporary sales area and different aisles are getting moved from one week to the next!! Here's hoping that we wont have much room for christmas stock, so that it wont hit our store until after the new floor is in which is apparently November!!

Hi,

When we came back from our holiday this week there was a full colour brochure from a local hotel encouraging us to book our Family Christmas or New Year meals etc!!!!

I know places are struggling to survive and every customer makes a difference but it seems awful to me that these promotions get earlier and earlier each year. It doesn't help children who then think Christmas is very near, it doesn't help parents who are struggling financially and it doesn't keep each festival special. I am sure other faith groups would get more annoyed if their festivals were promoted all year long :(:(

Sorry rant over - I just think that Christmas and Easter should be celebrated at the appropriate times and not dragged out so they lose their specialness.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

I'm afraid I'm to blame-I've been buying Christmas cards and decorations today :( Nipped into Matalan looking for curtains (another story) and they had all last years Christmas items at a 75 % or more off. I got christmas sequins 5 assorted packets on a card for 50p, large boxes of mixed decorations (I'm thinking water tray here) £1, boxes of 3D cards 50p and more...

I promise I won't buy any more :(

PS If you want any Matalan Christmas bargains don't go to Halifax they have non left :o

Is that because you bought them all up? xD

Note to self: DONT go to Halifax's Matalan store lol.