Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fsf August 2009 Competition

Beau

Thanks for bearing with me this month and sorry that the August competition is so late. However, never fear as I can now announce what it is. xD

This months competition is a guess the object from the photo's competition. There are now 10 images in the gallery which you can find here. These are the first 10, there will be a further 10 posted at the weekend. The competition is very simple, just look at the photos and identify the objects. :o Once all 20 images are posted then you can pm me with your answers - anyone who is unsure how to do this just say and I will try to explain. :(

Please don't post your answers in this thread or in the gallery!

Rules:

1. Only one entry per member is allowed

2. Moderators can join in with the fun and message answers but are not eligible to win

3. Closing date for entries will be Monday 31st August

4. Once all entries have been received, the person with the most correct answers will be the winner

5. If more than one person has the same number of correct answers then names will be drawn randomly to determine the winner

6. Any complaints can be sent to Steve and any praise to me! :(

7. The rules may change at any time as or when I think of something I haven’t already covered :wacko:

Lastly, a very big thank you to Inge who not only came up with the idea of the competition, but has also contributed half the photos and has been a massive help in getting this set up. :(

Am loving this competition already - well done Inge for a brilliant idea (I do think Beau might have changed rule 8 [and what happened to rules 6 and7?] to reflect your contribution!) :o

Is there just one winner this month Beau, or will there be a runner up too?

Maz

Great Idea :o

Great pics too, it's really hard to take these type of pics without the flash spoiling the pic quality.

One query, I notice the pics are placed in the library in reverse order, now I know the are all very different but do we list the objects by the JPEG number? ie: First object is actually JPEG 10?

(hope that makes sense)

Peggy

Good point Peggy! Yes, as each one is uploaded it 'bumps' the rest along. When you pm the answers, you need to list them in JPEG order, starting at number 1 which will be the last in the list. I hope this hasn't confused anyone. :o

Hi Beau and Inge

Thanks for this fab competition..have enjoyed trying to guess what these things are and have got hubby to have a look too!! Unfortunately don't know what many of them are yet but kids back from camping tomorrow..peace and quiet shattered!! but they may be able to help with some of them. Well done for making them some of them obscure and quite tricky :o .. a talent for photography..sure your in the right jobs both of you??? xD

Redbase :(

Hi Beau and Inge

Thanks for this fab competition..have enjoyed trying to guess what these things are and have got hubby to have a look too!! Unfortunately don't know what many of them are yet but kids back from camping tomorrow..peace and quiet shattered!! but they may be able to help with some of them. Well done for making them some of them obscure and quite tricky :o .. a talent for photography..sure your in the right jobs both of you??? xD

Redbase :(

thank you for your kind words... and pleased to find it has worked... we both had several trial an errors , and long suffering family to look too...

now we just await the entries... plenty of time to peruse them, and win yourself a lovely prize...

Inge

Just to let you know that my announcement of the prizes is somewhat delayed! The first prize is a super one, I can assure you and as soon as I find out the details of exactly what it is I'll let you know. :o

Great Idea :o

Great pics too, it's really hard to take these type of pics without the flash spoiling the pic quality.

One query, I notice the pics are placed in the library in reverse order, now I know the are all very different but do we list the objects by the JPEG number? ie: First object is actually JPEG 10?

(hope that makes sense)

Peggy

You can go to the bottom of the pictures and sort by uploaded date/in ascending order and they will become 1 - 20 in the right order.

Cx

Just to let you know that my announcement of the prizes is somewhat delayed! The first prize is a super one, I can assure you and as soon as I find out the details of exactly what it is I'll let you know. :o

xD:(:( - cant wait :( :wacko: xD

You can go to the bottom of the pictures and sort by uploaded date/in ascending order and they will become 1 - 20 in the right order.

Cx

Thanks Catma, but will mine be in the same order as the judges ??? :o

Peggy

If you number them they will because the jpegs keep their original file numbers so I expect they would!!

Any judges out there to comment?? I can only do about 3 anyway - v hard, but I do have a mug and badge so the incentive isn't so strong maybe!!!

Cx

Any judges out there to comment?? I can only do about 3 anyway - v hard, but I do have a mug and badge so the incentive isn't so strong maybe!!!

Not even the lure of Beau's fantastical mystery prize?

Maz