Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Will You Be Doing In Sept?

We tend not to have many 'topics' now ...but that said...we will start with 'All about Me' and see where that leads us!!! :o

Oh and I am a big 'Show and Tell' fan.......not many of us left - but I find it works well in a small group and is a great confidence booster..........so our show and tell for Term 1 will eb 'colours' - children bring something/anything in - colours notified through newsletter.......works well for us! xD

We are going to start with Holidays to kick us off, and then go onto water as our topic for the term. However, we do go with children's interests, so the "plan" is just a working document, that gets changed as we go. I still feel we need to do some planning to ensure we are covering all curriculum areas, and without some advance thought, I feel we would end up doing not much of anything!! But perhaps that's just me!!

'Sing me a song'-thats it will see what the first intake group knows and go from there. We have identified Twinkle, Hickory to start us off.

harry and his bucketful of dinosaurs goes to school..... all children enjoyed playing with the dinosaurs on induction visits.

Thank you we have recently come away from rigid topics but feel that we do need to have a starting point/looses theme to get us started. As we get to know the children we can then plan to meet their needs and interests.

Marion I had thought about something to do with themselves as I know we have a few children with low confidence and self esteem.

I also like the involvement from parents regarding show and tell.

Sunny day I think its because we love our jobs so much!

That reminds me of ten years or so ago, we were 'doing colours' as it used to be, a colour every week, and children brought things in from home to make a display each week ( I was horrified at how many adults didn't know the order of the spectrum, but that's a different story). So we had it on our wall planner, this week red, then orange and so on so the parents could see. The week before blue though, we were having a 'break' and looking at Diwali, so it said that, and one parent came to ask, "What colour is dewalli?" She's never forgotten it either, and when I see her she always brings it up in conversation!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)