Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

15 Hours Provision

can anyone help please? I have see a site somewhere suggesting various models for how you could increase 12/5 hours provision to 15- it had a week's timetable with different coilours on it for different suggestions etc., but now I can't find it anywhere! Does anyone have a link or a similar model I could look at? Thanks happy holidays everyone!!!

can anyone help please? I have see a site somewhere suggesting various models for how you could increase 12/5 hours provision to 15- it had a week's timetable with different coilours on it for different suggestions etc., but now I can't find it anywhere! Does anyone have a link or a similar model I could look at? Thanks happy holidays everyone!!!

Our 15 hour options are as follows:

AM sessions - 8.45 - 11.45am

PM sessions - 12.15 - 3.15pm

2 1/2 full days (any) - 8.45 -3.15pm plus 1 am or pm session

3 PM sessions including after school care 12.15 - 5.15pm

Hope this is helpful.

I've been trying to plan this as well, aiming to give parents flexibility by offering different options. However, to do two and a half days gives them too many hours (unless they start and/or finish at a different time than the rest of the children doing half days.)

In Helen's options the two and a half days adds up to 16 hours a week, not 15. (Because of the extra half hour at lunch time).

It would be very impractical to have different groups of children starting or finishing at different times and would create more problems in terms of parents' timekeeping. Our school gates have to be locked promptly as we open out straight onto a main road, so would not be able to easily admit parents at different times.

we are just offering any 6 x 2.5hour sessions if parents want it. Most children take more than their entitlement anyway so it just means that they get an extra session paid for

I think we will be doing much the same as Alison. At the present time we are open 12.5 hours over 4 days, but I also run a lunch club 3 times a week for an hour which the parents currently pay for, quite happy for that to "disappear" to increase our hours to 15 though

We have been working with the 15 hours entitlement since last year as it was introduced in our area as a trial. We are open between 8 and 6 pm, we offer 2 general sessions (which most parents choose to stick to) between 8.45 and 11.45 then 12.15 and 3.15. Lunch can be paid for at a cost of only £2 if the morning and afternoon sessions are required.

We do also have some children attending at completely different times, for example 10 until 2. It makes it difficult to manage but not impossible, we have adjusted to the routine through the year.

when does the 3 hour sessions start? our area is still 2.5 hours in september

It becomes universal in September 2010, although in our areas 25% of the most disadvantaged children will receive their entitlement in September 2009.

Maz

It becomes universal in September 2010, although in our areas 25% of the most disadvantaged children will receive their entitlement in September 2009.

Maz

thanks for that

we have just been told about the hourly rates which come into force in April 2010 but havent been told when we change to 15 hours (well we might have been told but I havent read anything yet?) starts

Edited by Alison

We are offering 15 hours funded sessions and we are offering parents 2 options of hours:

Option 1

9-11.30 am session

11.30 - 12.30 lunch club

12.30 - 3.30 pm session

Option 2

8.30 - 11.30 am session

11.30 -12.30 lunch club

12.30 - 3.30 pm session

We are opne Mon - Fri term time

hope this helps.

In response to your question -yes you get an extra hour if you choose 2 1/2 days but that just makes it easier han having lots of different start/finish times.

No one has been worried about that.

Paying for a lunch club instead wouldn't be an option for some of the parents that choose 2 1/2 days.Although we do offer paid sessions on top of our free options.

Helen

we have just been told about the hourly rates which come into force in April 2010 but havent been told when we change to 15 hours (well we might have been told but I havent read anything yet?) starts

Well I'd like to think that if you were supposed to be doing in from this September 'they' would have told you by now, Alison! :o So I'd just work on the September 2010 deadline if I were you!

Maz

Well I'd like to think that if you were supposed to be doing in from this September 'they' would have told you by now, Alison! :o So I'd just work on the September 2010 deadline if I were you!

Maz

Hmmm...well I am - but what do I know!!! xD

Sorry...no ....... working towards Sept.2010.....

I'm suffering from Sunday Brain Syndrome, sunnyday! We weren't one of the chosen groups to offer 15 hours from this September, and to be honest I'm glad. Our nursery education funding doesn't cover our hourly fees, so I'm more than a bit pessimistic as to how we'll manage. Still, I've got a year to plan haven't I? Which of course means that I'll start to panic properly about it sometime in June next year.....

Maz

You're very lucky is it's only on a 'Sunday' that your brain lets you down! :o

I'm sure lots of providers are absolutely dreading the increase in 'funded hours' - I'm sure you are well aware of the 'Save Our Nurseries' campaign.......

http://www.saveournurseries.org

This was started in sunny Kent - but, I believe has 'gone nationwide'

Sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)