Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer Sef Club

sunnyday

Oh absolutely - I just typed it in for those folk who perhaps haven't had a letter or read the other thread!

oh - and 'Mother avoidance' She's had everything out of all the kitchen cupboards today, had me scrub the cupboards and decide what's to keep and what's to chuck out - most of the latter she is taking back home, I hasten to add! And just now was drying the dinner dishes and said to Zebedee, "where does this go?" aaaaaargh!

Edited by Cait

Have you seen the new thread about the jolly SEF changing..........this is what louby lou and Alison tried to warn us about - did I listen........

I know I am no longer identifiable as Alison but I just had to come in here and say 'I TOLD YOU SO!'.

Couldn't resist the temptation as it doesn't happen very often.

Do I take it that the Procrastinators Club will have a few more members now?

I am very pleased to hear that the new one will be simpler. I wonder if they will have made it simple enough for me - probably not!

Oh well, at least I now have a rock solid excuse for not getting on with mine...... for now.

I know, I know........

Upsy Alison Daisy.......it's all that Panders fault....she told me not to listen to you....... I thought - she's a fellow Kenter she won't steer me wrong...........

Well! :o:(xD

By the way I still knew you were Alison - thought you'd gone 'undercover' for some reason - so thought I wouldn't draw attention to the fact!!! :(

Upsy Alison Daisy.......it's all that Panders fault....she told me not to listen to you....... I thought - she's a fellow Kenter she won't steer me wrong...........

By the way I still knew you were Alison - thought you'd gone 'undercover' for some reason - so thought I wouldn't draw attention to the fact!!! :o

Now now Sunnyday. If Panders told you to jump off a cliff would you do it? We all need to take responsibility for our own actions.

I can't quite believe that I turned out to be right really.

I was just looking for an excuse for my laziness and what do you know? I wish there was a similar excuse for not doing the longitudinal obs and finding evidence for my early years profile. My FD has gone on hold big time over these hols while I got my house clean and played with my girls. Now I just can't seem to get back into it. I know I'll kick myself when term starts. Once a procrastinator.......

As for the name change - I just thought I should be a little less identifiable so I don't have to worry about asking for advice. At least it is not so obvious to anyone who looks now.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I admit - nothing has been done on the SEF except for wiping the dust off the folders I have everything held in. I was doing so well with everything this summer until about day 7 of the holidays and then it kind of started to grind to a halt. And now here I am facing a return next Monday and an almost certain Ofsted visit this term. If I wasn't so tired I might be worried.....

Hi Holly.........you 'sound' really fed up - are you OK? :(

I got as far as section/part i.............have actually decided that's enough for now - in view of these 'changes'..........feel that at least I have 'something'.........we shouldn't really be due Ofsted until Novenber 2010 :o but of course you never know! xD

Back on Monday too! :(

Sunnyday

I am fine really but thank you for asking. Eldest child started high school (heart in mouth all day - me, not her!), have too much to do and not enough time to do it in and I want some SUNHINE! I've got lots of notes and bits of paper which I can flash around to impress them but I just wish it wasn't still looming over me. Am looking forward to the simplified version - maybe I'll be inspired by that!

I am fine really but thank you for asking. Eldest child started high school (heart in mouth all day - me, not her!),

Ooh! I hope her day went well. My eldest daughter starts tomorrow, have done the last minute uniform check and tucked her up for a good night's sleep. Now I can sit and worry on her behalf!

I'm glad she's enjoyed it. It all gets easier from now on I'm sure.

Mine is quite stressed too. I've had so many cuddles! Then she tells me she's going to get off the school bus at her friend's house tomorrow and go and walk her dog with her! So I'll have to be on tenterhooks for even longer!

As for me. I'm not stressed at all!!!!!! (I wish)

I hope your Ofsted goes well. At least I've got a while before I have to worry about that again. :o

Hi there everyone - seems like I fell off the planet, but I'm back at last.

I've been ploughing through my SEF, getting confused and very frustrated, however I now have one question;

Will I be able to transfer my submitted SEF to the new format or will I get to retype it all again!

I had a bad experience, I downloaded the old sef form filled in lots of it on word and then found out you can't cut and paste onto the Ofsted site at all! I've had to retype most of it once already!

Anyone know the answer?

thankyou, :o

Edited by Guest

In a word, no. However I'd save it as a word document just in case. I would imagine Ofsted would make it so that it transfers over, but I'm not sure how they'll do it.

Good luck!

Maz

PS Nice to see you again!

No you can't cut and paste from using menu option but can by keyboard option.

Ctrl and V at same time is how you paste.

Sorry to tell you that if you retyped the whole thing!

ppp