Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer Sef Club

sunnyday

count me in. I have all the info in a large file, parents views, children's voice, staff input etc etc, but going to have atleast three weeks where I do nothing but clean, decorate, take kids out, read for leisure and have loads of late nights and even later mornings. Still have to write two essays and update journal to hand in on the 27th July, then I have finished the first year of FD, oh the joys, I have never looked forward to the everyday jobs that I never have time for, even the thought of a holiday seems like hard work lol, so its only day trips here!

Claire x

Panders aren't you just sooo shocked by Alison's suggestion.......can't believe anyone could even think of a new excuse not to do their SEF.......she should be ashamed! :o :wacko: xD:(:(:(

Tis to be expected from an avoider - by any means they find any excuse to pull us all into the void - we must resist at all costs Sunnyday - don't look directly into her eyes!

Edited by Panders

I still maintain I am a postponer, not an avoider!

Come on join me - we can have a lovely relaxing summer, not a thought of SEFs to cloud the sky.

It's the way to go, really. I promise you won't regret it!

Look into my eyes,

You are beginning to believe me......

Come on join me - we can have a lovely relaxing summer, not a thought of SEFs to cloud the sky.

Look into my eyes,

Resist....resist...resist......

Look into my eyes,

We are definately taking the correct route - not avoidance, simply postponing until the correct paperless paperwork is in order. other's will be sorry if they rush in willy-nilly!!!!!!!!!!......there'll be tears!!!

xxxxxxxx

Edited by louby loo

We are definately taking the correct route - not avoidance, simply postponing until the correct paperless paperwork is in order. other's will be sorry if they rush in willy-nilly!!!!!!!!!!......there'll be tears!!!

xxxxxxxx

Did you 'look her in the eyes' :o

no, no, no - stop it right now - I don't think systems will be changed so very much. If I don't use this time to get down on paper the thoughts and notes I have into some kind of order, when the new stuff comes on line I will be busy again with other stuff - new entrants, new topics, Christmas, leavers again and reports.

I need to have a base to start from first, albeit out of date (possibly) but when the new system is here I can hopefully type straight from my sef draft into it. I've been postponing and avoiding since Easter when I began the process, if I postpone anymore, there will be another re-organisation next year!!! Obviously Mr. & Mrs. O are showing us that nothing stands still, everyone involved must constantly review and up date and consult all the time as they do.

Obviously Mr. & Mrs. O are showing us that nothing stands still,

Well exactly .......... which is why we should be free to 'run like the wind' all summer long - and not sitting still writing still for long amounts of time SEFs!!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

You can catch up when I am on holiday for the next two and a half weeks, Panders.

Oh, and no parties in my house please. I will have wifi and will be keeping an eye on you all.

Besides - the state my house is in you wouldn't want to be here anyway.

Note to self. Go and get on with your assignments then you might have time to pack something!

Aha...are you going today!.......Hey no more subversive action from Alison for two weeks!!! xD

Oh no....wi fi......foiled again :o

We are so having a party at yours! :( If it's already a 'mess' we won't even have to clear up! :(:( :wacko:

Have a brilliant holiday!

Sunnyday

Aha - now you see I didn't actually tell you when I am going. That'll scupper your plans, won't it?

I don't actually leave until tomorrow. Just trying desperately to find 1500 more words about safeguarding, iron 14 days worth of clothes, leave the house presentable for fish sitters (well downstairs at least) and pack everything we need.

But bring the party round tonight then I can just forget about it all - got no Pimms but lots of wine!

Now you are just putting me to shame. You all have my permission to ban me from this site if you see I haven't done my SEF by the end of the holiday. I'm going swimming instead, although frankly even the SEF seems more appealing at the moment - but the kids are insisting!

Holly - don't be toooo impressed! :o

It is gone 11 o'clock already...I have gathered together everything I need (been sidetracked completely by this - started doing other bits of filing along the way xD ) - have now discovered that one of the files I need is still at my setting in the filing cabinet...will need to go and get that now!.........

*sigh* I'll come with you cos one of my files is in my cupboard too and I need it

Can't go yet Cait.......there is a 'man' there ....he is 'treating' one of the floors....he is lovely...but could 'talk for England'.....if I'm going to 'waste time' I'd rather do it here! :o

Hello, I am new to this forum so bear with me!! I will be starting as managing supervisor at a preschool in September, I have the SEF to do as my first task once I start, with the Ofsted due in December......Mmmmmm!!

I don't technically start until September, and have really got my own studying to finish this summer, but I do plan to start making some notes based on what I already know from some visits to the setting and my time there as a parent helper. BUT to be honest, I have a list a mile long of all I want to do, already spent WAY too long on here last night and have soooo many ideas I am overwhelmed. Think the SEF needs to be the first thing really, and I can put on there all we intend to implement I guess, then begin implementing once its done?! Oh where to start where to start?!!!

Anyway, meant to be taking kids out for afternoon, so all that will have to wait lol

Clare x

Well welcome to the forum clare78baby and what a sensible place to start! You will no doubt have looked at other threads about the SEF - there's one called exemplar sef in which several people, including me have uploaded their 'work in progress' If you can't find the thread, come back to me either on here or in a PM (private message - by clicking on my picture you'll get a drop-down menu to send a message) and I'll help you find it.

I look forward to hearing all about your new job and chatting with you. If you've spent hours already I don't need to warn you about how addictive it is!