Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Information With Other Settings

dorinda

Hi just wondered how you all do this. If a child is at your setting a couple of mornings a week and attends another one for two mornings how do you get the information from the other setting on how they are doing etc. I know we should be exchanging notes ofsted and eyfs requirement. I was thinking about doing a questionare for the other setting to feel in. Does anyone have a questionare or what do you all do.

Dorinda

Does anyone have a questionare or what do you all do.

Dorinda

We have a home/pre-school communication book which shuttles between home and us, and home and the other setting. However I have to say that only us and home write in it. I also visit children in their other settings, and have invited them to visit us. However they haven't ever taken up that invitation.

I think its much easier for me as the owner of my group to set aside time/funds to make this happen as compared with a room leader of a full day care nursery in a chain who might want to come out to see their child in another setting, but needs to justify it to the 'higher ups'.

Maz

PS Meant to say that the childminder we work with uses the book to good effect, and finds what we write in useful too!

Edited by HappyMaz

We have the little notebooks we call "Keypies"(Key Person Information Exchange) which we share with another setting that 2 of our children attend. I have to say that in the course of six moths they have only written in each one once. Sigh

This seems to be so difficult to set up....and believe me......I've tried. :(

Have to say though that I have just received the most fantastic 'learning journey' folders from a childminder ..... I will have three children from her in September. xD

Have had no luck at all with other pre-schools - I am absolutely determined that I will get this 'up and running' in September - even if that means that I am sharing info. and getting nothing from them! :o

My thought at the moment is that I will send copies of children's 'summative assessments and next steps' documents.

I include a section on my 'Permissions' document to cover this (so I have Parental Permissions in place).

Hope this helps

Sunnyday

We have worked hard to get info exchange going, but the private nursery we share some children with has told me emphatically that they do not have the time to do this, I did say that one word would suffice on childs interests, but no, no go. So we continue to share information with them, it is especially important for one of the children as he is statemented and I thought we could support each other to work towards the same goals for supporting this child but no!! Ah well.....

What a shame we don't share with each other's settings, we would be fantastic at it!! We have 4 children we share care with and a childminder. I have instigated a booklet system, we write what a child has been interested in, sometimes once a week, sometimes less, just depends what is going on. The trouble is having different systems, I don't mind completing another nursery/pre school/child minders forms or book, but surely one book should be enough and I make sure I instigate it as soon as possible. Some of the other pre-schools have been extremely slow to respond since September, but we have gradually had messages from everyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)