Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anybody Doing Diploma In Pre School Practice?

Hi again everyone,

Just thought I'd let you know I managed to finish the CACHE for Core Unit 2 (word count was a nightmare - managed to get it down to 3,849!) and sent it off 25th July.

Had result from tutor back Saturday just gone and.....

I got an A!!!! :o

So that's 2 A's so far. I've set myself a rather high standard which I doubt I'll be able to keep up!!

Has anyone else had any results recently?

Well done, I got the results of cache 1 and got a 'B' - which was quite a suprise, I was at the point if being happy just getting a pass. :o

My plan of getting lots done in the holidays isnt going well - I have done nothing for 2 weeks - it's been lovely.

What are you doing next Tracy? optional unit or cache 3?

Hi Vicky,

Well done!!! Such a lovely feeling - and I honestly think forgetting about it for a few weeks is good for you too - recharge the batteries so to speak.

I'm going on to do Core Unit 3 next. Doubt I'll start before the kids go back to school though!

Let me know if you need any help with Core Unit 2.

Love,

Well done girls!!!

I have just sent off my core unit 3 to PSLA (sept deadline). So, so long as I pass I am all done!!!

Mind you still havent had any definative marks back from CACHE. Tutor says they have just moved premices and so they will be delayed. I am hoping that I will get qualified soon. :oxD

Hi all of you doing the DPP - this may help to start you off in the right direction looking for theorists and their theory to use in essays which I was given at college, I did the DPP a few years ago and am now doing the FD.....

Thank you for that - I did my DPP many moons ago - but have a staff member starting hers in September - i'm sure she will find that useful!

Sunnyday

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ! I've just started doing the DPP (long distance.. in UAE) and I am totally swamped! Trawling through the theory but the first assignment is fast approaching yet I have NO IDEA where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello & welcome Mrswhiff

Are you studying with NEC?

It can be very daunting to start with but just do a little and often, if you haven't already be sure to download the cache assignment guidance, there is a link further back in this thread. This is a great starting point and just deal with one section at a time.

If you are studying through NEC the build up assignements realy do help as you can use the work you put into them in the cache assignement

Have you done your observations yet ?

Hello & welcome Mrswhiff

Are you studying with NEC?

It can be very daunting to start with but just do a little and often, if you haven't already be sure to download the cache assignment guidance, there is a link further back in this thread. This is a great starting point and just deal with one section at a time.

If you are studying through NEC the build up assignements realy do help as you can use the work you put into them in the cache assignement

Have you done your observations yet ?

Yup, doing course with NEC, and yes I'm in Dubai.

Thanks for encouragement from everyone! I've been lucky cos at mo we're on summer break and so I have managed to get my head down & into books and I think that the 'fog' is clearing !!

I am almost ready to do my observation assignment, but it now seems that the more research I do, the more confused I seem! Also, in examples of assessments from obs, everyone quotes from various books (development milestones/norms) - but these books weren't on the list and so I don't have access to these.....

.. any ideas of where to get lists of these expected milestones?

Edited by Guest

I used the tables in the following books

Diploma in pre-school practice by penny Tassoni

How to observe children - shelia ridall-leach

Child development, an illustrated guide by Meggitt & Sunderland

I should imagine that the tables are in the level 3 CCLD text books as well. Many publishers are now making books available to read online as e-bboks so it might be worth having a look at their websites.

Hope this helps, the fog does clear and it all makes sense - just about the time when you have finished your assignment :o

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Wi23HZl...;q=&f=false

And this is the meggitt and Sunderland

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=7eRVOVf...;q=&f=false

And this should be 'How to observe children' by Sheila Riddal Leach

I wish I had found this stuff before shelling out all that money on books !!

I found the Penny Tassoni one the most useful and she has written others that you may find using the google search and books option. Plus I used the EYFS website for lots of info and dont forget the actual NEC book! The web will also give you lots of child development info if getting hold of books is a problem. Dont forget to reference them if you use them (I always refernced the NEC stuff). First assignmnet is always the hardest getting to grips on format, word count etc...it can only get easier and better! Keep going...you can do it...

Thanks so much for all those links! - The reading list I have didn't include any of these books, yet they appear sooo much easier to understand than the highbrow ones i actually shelved out for!!

Will now get my nose into some serious reading! Thanks!!!! :o

• 2 months later...

Hi, dont know if i'm abit late to join you all, I started the DPP in september at evening class and am attempting the assignment for unit 1 which is my frst assignment, I am really struggling, i have a heap of books but have no idea really what is expected of me in the assignment..... like levels of detail and i have read on this post about word count? but we have not been told anything about word count :o

lol i'm stressed if anyone has any advice on this one i'd apreciate it although it look like you are all on unit 3

Thanks x

Hi small small,

its never too late to join in! Try not to get stressed, I know that is easy to say and your first assignment is bad cos you are worried if you are on the right track. Definately read the cache assignment guidance and the document called 'finding the level'. I have found that the amount of detail is realy restricted by the word count which is 3500 words

http://www.cache.org.uk/fileDownloads/dpp-l3_ag_2006_10.pdf

http://www.cache.org.uk/cacheDNN/Portals/0...0_5927_2_V4.pdf

http://www.cache.org.uk/CacheDNN/Portals/0...g_the_level.pdf

Hopefully you will have been given the above documents but if not you will find them helpful

Just shout if you need anything else. :o

Hi small small,

its never too late to join in! Try not to get stressed, I know that is easy to say and your first assignment is bad cos you are worried if you are on the right track. Definately read the cache assignment guidance and the document called 'finding the level'. I have found that the amount of detail is realy restricted by the word count which is 3500 words

http://www.cache.org.uk/fileDownloads/dpp-l3_ag_2006_10.pdf

http://www.cache.org.uk/cacheDNN/Portals/0...0_5927_2_V4.pdf

http://www.cache.org.uk/CacheDNN/Portals/0...g_the_level.pdf

Hopefully you will have been given the above documents but if not you will find them helpful

Just shout if you need anything else. :o

Thanks very much vicky :-) thats's a great help i didn't have the last one, i wasn't goven any of them but i managed to find the first 2 on the cache website, i'm starting my E3 section tonight so i may well need something else lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)