Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Suitable Child Id

Help ! I've got a trip looming and the present ID we use for the children are frankly pants ! We have clip on plastic things like those you get when you attend a conference - but they drop off, we now put them in the children's pockets but then they are not visible quickly.

As I do not have time to get anything more suitable, as an addition to the 'in pocket' thing, do you think i could use a rubber stamp with the nurseries details on and print it on the children's wrists like when you go to night clubs etc ? (with parental permission)

Also, what do you use for identification that the children don't mind wearing, are comfortable and safe. Where do you get them from.

Many thanks.

Sam

Truly we have never used any ID on a trip.

Sat here wondering about that one!!

I worry that if the children are named, a stranger might call them by their name and the child might think they know them!!

Do they have unifrom with the school name on it?

Bags with the schols name on?

I don't know what to say!!

We have used a laminated card with the pre school logo and the name and a mobile number of leader of the trip on it. This is then attached to child's clothing - button hole or zip pull - with an elastic band. If a child wanders off, the number can be called to reunite child with group.

Core

How about those wristbands you get at festivals? When we went to Womad last year, we had some very nice bright green ones! :o Not sure how much the equipment would be to purchase, though.

we did same as core, if they were in a logo t shirt we did not worry as the venue had our contact mobile to call if child was found, otherwise a card attached with name and contact of the leader of the group. One year they used sticky labels on clothes, tip put them on the child's back where they cannot reach them!

Inge

Thank you so much for all your help and even details to find them. Brilliant.

Today we're using stickers with nursery details (not childs) with a fun sticker attached so that they don't take them off (hopefully)

Here's to a fun trip - 24 degrees in London - Oh what a day to chose !

We recently went to the seaside and the tourist information had free wrap round the wrist labels that you could put your moble number on. There was actually someone where the coaches drop you off giving a guide to the town and handing out wrist labels too.

We have stretchy, reusable wristbands with our school's name and telephone number on it. It may also have the address I'm not sure. We used to have stickers from Brainwaves with the details on but they always fell off etc... Not sure where we got them from but we have have them in 3 sizes, smal, medium and large. Ours are red to match our uniform but am sure they come in other colours.

Here are some festival type wristbands

and here's the silicone type that we use.

Edited by SP61HJ

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)