Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef Report

wow, thanks - will help me with those "mind gone blank" moments when I (and the rest of the Summer SEF brigade) get round to it! :o

Nona

What a star! Thank you, thank you, thank you for beiing soooo kind and sharing.

I think mine is definitely along the right lines then, but I especially like the way you have emboldened the key points you are making in each paragraph - I'll alter that on mine, just to make it clearer

Gruffalo2 :oxD:( :( :( :wacko:

As others have said, thank you very much for sharing, this makes really interesting reading and happily we're not totally off track with our own draft sef!!

I was interested to see that you rated yourselves 'good' in most areas and only 'satisfactory' I think in one area, but were still able to get an 'outstanding' from Ofsted. This has been worrying me, as I think there are very few settings that would be bold enough to grade themselves as 'outstanding' in their SEFs.

Many congratulations, you clearly do great work for your local community.

Just wanted to add my thanks for uploading your outstanding SEF. It gives a clear view of what it is like in your setting, which sounds fantastic. No wonder Mrs Ofsted was deeply impressed!

Maz

Hi Everyone

This is our SEF report that helped us get an OUTSTANDING in our last inspection.

could not get a copy that would download on my computer so I have typed it up hope there is not to many spelling mistakes

Rosemarie

:o Many congratulations and I hope you have had some well deserved celebrations xD

Thank you too for sharing your SEF, ours was submitted a while ago but it's not on this PC hence I haven't shared it - I never thought of typing it up!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on 'Outstanding' , SEf looks good, particularly like the 'accumulating a collection of willies for outdoor play' ! :o

was reading somewhere about not being able to get above 'satisfactory' if SEF online not completed, spoke to someone in our area who had 'good' a couple of weeks ago theirs wasnt online, inspector did read it in hard format saying it was nice to see one as so few settings have actually done them !

Congrats on 'Outstanding' , SEf looks good, particularly like the 'accumulating a collection of willies for outdoor play' ! :o

How bizarre - I made exactly the same spelling mistake in mine! Sunnyday pointed it out to me and Zebedee said I should leave it and I'd know if Ofsted read it properly!

well done too you and your setting on your outstanding grade

your sef was great

I am A Childminder and our sef are the same, I must admit I had a look at our local nurserys sef and got some tips from them, i think once you read a completed one you can then start to get your head round what is expected from you. if that makes sense.

So thankyou for sharing it with us and I hope that somr other childminders can also get some tips

Would like to add my thanks for posting your SEF on this forum. I am also planning to complete mine in the summer holidays!! Like Zillertal mentioned, I think it really helps to read a completed sef inorder to be able to evaluate our own setting and get something down in writing.

Well done on your outstanding result.

Annabell

Would like to add my thanks for posting your SEF on this forum. I am also planning to complete mine in the summer holidays!! Like Zillertal mentioned, I think it really helps to read a completed sef inorder to be able to evaluate our own setting and get something down in writing.

Well done on your outstanding result.

Annabell

There are many more to read on a thread called 'exemplar sef'. do a forum search for this and you'll have a lot more reading!

Well done on your outstanding grading.

I will type mine up too and post. Although I was advised by my network coordinator to grade myself as outstanding, but not too sure about this. What do others think?

Mine told me the same and I argued the case against and she listened and agreed with my point of view. Far better for someone to say 'you are much better than you think' than 'you are not as good as you think'!

Edited by Cait

HELP !! had something in the post yesterday asking if i was ready for new OFSTED inspection frameowrk and new SEF form coming in Sept 09................I Don't know am I ? (it says the new SEF will be available in july 09 - has anyone seen it ?)

I only know that the inspection framwork used in maintained schools is changing in September 2009 - the OFSTED document is here:

http://www.essexclerks.org.uk/sites/defaul...Sept%202009.pdf

Haven't heard anything about a new SEF but off for a hunt!!

• 2 months later...

thank you so much x i can now get some idea of what to write!

well done for your outstanding inspection-keep up the good work

Carol

Ps i will down load once i finally finish

I would justlike to congratulate you on your SEF form.

Just viewing yours helps to piece the evidence I require to include in specific parts, that I was a little unsure of.

Am revising policies and procedures at same time, so whilst doing them, am linking into my SEF form to add information. Quite handy

Good luck in the future and thanks for helping me out in my hour of need!

Leader of Playgroup