Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Crb

• 2 months later...

Another question regarding CRB's.. I have a new lady starting and she is coming from a setting over the road. She heard that she should apply for a new CRB even though her current one is fairly recent as it is a different setting. I had no intention of asking for a new one, I also have another member of staff who got one from working at the local primary school and I've always had only that one. A staff member who moved here from another area in the country was asked to get a new one.

Do I legally need to? It is probably good practice but my setting can't really afford it if it's not necessary. Also, she is very well known to us, as is her family.

My understanding is that they are not transferrable.

We don't pay for our CRB checks so it is not an issue getting new ones done.

I would always get a CRB check done - it really doesn't matter how well you know someone.

We use TMG CRB and they are ok - no probs to date.

Twice in recent years my most up to date CRB number has been used by a different organistaionto that named on the CRB to verify I'm 'safe'. Whoever it was they gave the number to checked it and I got the go ahead. No new form needed.

It does say something like that on the website that SueJ kindly linked me to. You can call the person who authorised your CRB stated on the form itself to get a check done or something.

Can anyone enlighten me on why some settings seem to have to pay for their CRB's and others don't. We do, and I am wondering why. I know volunteers and committee members are free, but some settings also seem to get their staff done for free. Can any one help me here?

think narnia has it right,

we never paid for new crbs , but when we enquired we had to for renewals, and as Ofsted at the time said we did not need renewals until they insisted we did not do them!

we used TMG, no problems always back quickly.

Inge

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)