Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gifts!

hello just me!!!!

Does anybody know of a good gift to make for a member of staff leaving!!shehas been with us some time and is leaving sadly!!I would like to make a gift for her obviously with a card on her departure!!

I would like to make a gift by the children which would have a personal and sentimental meaning!!ideally something simple which can be done at dinner or at the begiining of the day when she is not around to witness it!!i'm also looking for ideas on google to help not much luck at the minute!!

so if anyone has any ideas could you possibly let me know thankyou!!!

eclmmcca!!! love Sam!!

Edited by eclmmcca

a nice big card that they can all write their name or make their mark on. The front can be lots of pictures of her each drawn by a child. this way you can keep things small until you assemble it for them to put their names in

hello just me!!!!

Does anybody know of a good gift to make for a member of staff leaving!!shehas been with us some time and is leaving sadly!!I would like to make a gift for her obviously with a card on her departure!!

I would like to make a gift by the children which would have a personal and sentimental meaning!!ideally something simple which can be done at dinner or at the begiining of the day when she is not around to witness it!!i'm also looking for ideas on google to help not much luck at the minute!!

so if anyone has any ideas could you possibly let me know thankyou!!!

eclmmcca!!!

Oh lovely idea :o

A little difficult to make suggestions without knowing a bit about the person.

Of the top of my head you could get the children to draw pictures of her then photograph the pictures close up and have them put on a mug!

Snapfish do quite a range of gifts all of which involve 'putting' photographs on. I had a mug done for my son, he is a prolific tea drinker and I used photographs from his passing out parade. You get to choose a title which goes around the mug and up to 15 photos. I was impressed with the quality. I haven't explained it very well here are a couple of pictures

post-1999-1243881389_thumb.jpg

post-1999-1243881399_thumb.jpg

post-1999-1243881408_thumb.jpg

I feel something like the mug she will be able to use and see everyday, pictures for walls etc may not be used or hidden away, I was given an engraved vase , which is on display and seeds to grow plants to put in it... how about decorating an outdoor plant pot ot two and giving that with either seeds or planted by the children, and doing the card with hand prints or finger prints and childrens writing in it as well..

it really will depend on her circumstances, but personally I prefer somehting I can use to a picture which could be hidden away..

Inge

yes absolutely - actually, thinking along those lines, we've just had one of those curved glass picture frames engraved with our logo and we're putting a photo of her with the children in it for her (this is a Mum volunteer)

In the past we've had vases engraved to celebrate working milestones like 10 years service etc

One group of our mums to a photo of all the children who left one summer and had that put on a mug for each of the adults at our setting. I still use mine, over 5 years on. We have also done things like get all the children to dress up in their favourite role play outfits and taken photos and framed them with the children holding up a sign Goodbye.... and thank you. If you give the children a small piece of paper to draw themselves on they will keep it small, or if you can't do that could you reduce it on a photocopier, we've done that before and stuck them inside a card.

I had a mug done for my son, he is a prolific tea drinker and I used photographs from his passing out parade.

Yes yes that's all very well Geraldine: but does he understand that he mustn't actually drink out of it? :o

I think anything that has been decorated by the children is a lovely memento. So it could be an apron, a mug or in our local gift shop you can buy plates and picture frames which you write on with a marker pen and then bake it in the oven to make it permanent.

I'm sure whatever you get will be perfect, Maria!

Maz

These ideas are absolutely fantastic!!yes I want the gift to be sentimental which she can look back at in years gone by!!! I am going to get the children to write or the youngerones to attempt to write theirn names on the inside of the card!!the mug ideas seems brilliant as she loves having a hot drink on her breaks and I think she would really love a decorate a mug!! does anybody know where I can get a mug from by any chance!!thanks guysxxx

eclmmcca!!!

Yes yes that's all very well Geraldine: but does he understand that he mustn't actually drink out of it? :o

Maz

xD:( When he opened he said something like, "Brilliant, love it but you do realise it's a mug I will never drink out of" :(:(

A real case of like mother like son maybe :wacko:

These ideas are absolutely fantastic!!yes I want the gift to be sentimental which she can look back at in years gone by!!! I am going to get the children to write or the youngerones to attempt to write theirn names on the inside of the card!!the mug ideas seems brilliant as she loves having a hot drink on her breaks and I think she would really love a decorate a mug!! does anybody know where I can get a mug from by any chance!!thanks guysxxx

eclmmcca!!!

If you do it on line with Snapfish you don't need to provide the mug :o It was a really simple process and the mug was here within 2-3 days

In one setting I worked we used to make up a leaving basket/box when anyone left. Basically it was a box of memories so contained their fave book, or sachets of hot chocolate if that was their fave drink in work, a picture of them dranw by a child, something that would remind them of something funny that had happened and that would jog memeories, for example if they had had something anecdotal happen with sand for example then a small jar of sand could be included, or a tin of shaving foam. Anything that when the recipinet sees the item they will go "oh yes that reminds me of when........". Always evoked laughs and tears when we did it. We were also lucky enough to have a poet on the staff and she always wrote a little poem about the person.

Good luck!

at my previous setting committe used to give crystal fishes - as fishes was in the name of the pre school - to give you all a laugh i have just recieved a leaving gift in a cheque for £26.95 ( you would think committee could of rounded it up to £27 dont you) :o - oww and my card and pictures made by the children were thrown away by new super!!! - great after 10 years of outstanding service....... :( just heard my deputy who has done 11 yeras was given a bunch of flowers today....... xD

ho hum :(

Hi Hali, You must be gutted! You should shame them all and do something outrageous with the money. I know we are not committee run, but our parents are sooooo caring and giving. Every year when the children leave we have an embarrassment of presents heaped on us personally and for the pre-school. It's a good job so many people on this Forum know and respect how hard you have worked for your committee.