Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Was Everyone's Day?

Cait

So, how was everyone's first day back? - for those of us who do terms anyway.

My day seemed to go really quickly, I started by mowing the grass so we could get out - that took almost the same length of time as it did for the children to get their shoes on and get well slathered with sun cream - it's amazing how many had no sun hats!

Oh quick reminder to self to look on ebay

Children took everything out of the shed after that they wanted whilst my group and I checked the peas, potatoes, carrots, apple trees, strawberries and blueberries and gave them all a right old drenching! (hmm and each other a bit)

I went back indoors for a bit with an asthmatic and a redhead who don't like to be out for long, and we sorted through children's trays as I'd spotted a broken ringbinder the other day. We checked them all and replaced 4. Then the postman brought the book club leaflets so they needed sorting into bags and trays!

Time for croissants and milk (we looking at French things this week) then a relaxing story and the morning was over!

In the afternoon we moved round the back, following the shade and we had a nice game of croquet, played with loads of bubbles and did our bouncing for our sponsored bounce - me too!

More croissants and milk, story and hometime!

exhausted - you?

Don't ask!! Dont do term time unfortunately! Day started off with a big disagreement with my ops manager, who then went on to upset my Administrator. Followed by a knock back for a job I'd been interviewed for. Only managed to do 1 of 2 appraisals planned for today and a member of staff with a sickness record as long as your arm hobbling round holding her side!!! Oh well cinema and meal out tonight for daughter's birthday AND tomorrow is another day!!!!

Well it was Billy's birthday today, he was 4, so we had to celebrate that in style - the children loved having the tent up in the garden and many disappeared in there, we put sewing cards in there and the weather bear fuzzy felts. The artists set about doing a welcome banner - we are using the reverse side of the Sainsburys School Voucher banner and using some permanent felt tips (shhh I know, I know). The pavement chalkers did a grand job - might take the hat round for those pictures. the counters and checkers made sure all the mini beasts were still about in the big bug rummage and we all did the Dinosaur Stomp for Billy's birthday, after we had had the story.

All said and done a great morning and the birthday cake was half bad either.

Well...................

Parent turned up with new child wanting him to start today and could she leave him...no reg forms completed either! Ahem No ahem.

Oh and I heard that the big 'O' were in town last week, gulp! I'll never feel ready for them.

6 weeks and 4 days to go.....

But at least the sun is sheeeeeeee-iiiiiii-ning!

ppp

well we had a totally 'chilled' morning!

We have no 'outside area' but managed to spend most of the morning in the public playing fields - taking loads of our stuff out there too! Only had 18 out of 26 so a really managable group for 5 adults.

xxx

After finishing before half term with some very grumpy children and some random individuals plumiting to the depths of bad behaviour, I wasn't looking forward to today!! xD

But they've all been lovely, producing some fab work......long may it last!!! :o

Cait and ANDERSPM your days sound lovely! We had an INSET today for writing reports, but I went into school with my two teaching students to set up the classroom and displays etc, plan for their big observation... I wouln't have been able to get any work done at home with my own children, so thought safer to go into school! Had to leave about 3 though to take over childcare from my husband as he had to go to dentist as he'd had tooth chipped in half playing swingball!! :( / :o / xD Dentist mended it and he looks beautiful again now!

After finishing before half term with some very grumpy children and some random individuals plumiting to the depths of bad behaviour, I wasn't looking forward to today!! xD

But they've all been lovely, producing some fab work......long may it last!!! :o

5 guided readings done !

Children came back quite calm and all were quite busy and purposeful lets hope it lasts!

I've got another week off! It's great while you are off but crap when everyone has finished for summer and we've got a week to go!

Well I had a lovely day after the stress of the computer going bust yesterday! Hasn't been sorted but I'm having faith!

Anyway we're having building work done and they had forgotten to remove some fence so my class could actually come in!!! Also due to the building work on the other year r classroom we have shifted from adjoining rooms to round the corner from each other. Anyway our head stood on the playground directing my parents round to the other year r door so all the children came in through this door - children coped amazingly well with all the changes - parents, well some of them were flapping rather!!!

Well after that start to the morning the rest of the day went so well. We do the Read Write Inc phonics, reading and writing programme and my group had finished the work in 30 mins that would normally take them an hour so we played some word games - I only had 12 today so was a doddle! Then had a really lovely drinks time with my group talking about our holiday and was really impressed with the level of language they are now using. After play I spent time hearing children read, which also gives time for a chat. Then after lunch had SEAL then I was outside! Then just before assembly we retold the Little Red Hen - Pie Corbett style and we were really impressed with how well they remembered it from before the holiday.

Such a lovely day! :o

I had a lovely time trying to observe some beautiful interactions between my usually disparate Monday group, only to be hindered by a LA "advisor" quizzing me all morning on nonsense :o I swung between trying to defend our/my position and just nodding dumbly and writing down sarcastic comments in my notebook. A lovely short interlude with my nephew who was being very cute today, before a trip to the doctors to be told that ultimately my health problems might end up with him recommending I leave my job! I didn't know if I welcomed that or not after the earlier events. A bit of squabbling with my own kids and am now sat here trying to concentrate on the positives at the start of the day which, in fairness, were fab and I only hope they continue through the week. My lovely husband is just bringing my tea too, so a bit of a mixed bag I guess, but thanks for asking.

Oh Holly I hope your health problems are sorted out before that happens.

I have spent a child-free day at the uni learning what my options are when I finish my foundation degree. We are normally at a technology college so we spent the day enjoying the lovely quiet grown up atmosphere and kicking ourselves for not doing degrees when we were younger.

It was a lovely day thanks and one which left me with lots of food for thought.

Back to the real world tomorrow.

I had a very hectic day. We arrived at school this morning to find that over half term our class bear has been kidnapped. We spent the morning searching for him while they made lists of people to question (including the caretaker and the head!) as well as places to look. Then we spent some time thinking about capacity. At lunch I led rugby club with some older children. Then after lunch we practised some races for our sports day. Then we did guided reading- all four groups completed! After school I took down our pet shop (in preparation for our pirate ship), got stuff out for tomorrow, had a bit of a tidy up. Then went swimming- bumped into loads of kids from school! Then home for dinner. While it was cooking I sorted loads of pens and pencils. Then had dinner, watched a bit of TV, checked e-mails and came on here. Going to write a couple of reports ten am going for a run before bed!

I will sleep well tonight!!

Yes where was the bear?

Thanks for the concern re my health too. Its one of those annoying things that you just keep working through but GP thinks I might be exacerbating it by doing that and a less physical job would be better for me :o Keep trying to tell him I don't lift furniture, children, etc on a daily basis but he doesn't believe me for some reason!

No we have not found Timothy Bear yet- the bear has been kidnapped by Pirate Pete and we won't find him until the end of next week (there are so many opportunities for writing, making maps, following directions etc etc).

(For those of you concerned about Timothy's welfare- he is tucked up on my sofa at home! I didn't want them to accidentally find him before we are ready too!!!)

Now I have to find out how to get a cool avatar like yours, Sunnyday

Why thank you for the admiring words (google avatar - loads of freebies) - promise you if I can do it you certainly can - I know nothing when it comes to this computer malarky!!!

Sunnyday

P.S. - see what I mean - that 'smiley' did not appear where I wanted it to!!!

Edited by sunnyday

Well it's only to be expected - and to be honest, I'd be sad if you didn't, at least twice - after all, I think I hijacked yours the other day too, once or twice