Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Am Going To Cry!

After months and months of being told there was money available, don't worry, apply, great project etc today we got the much anticipated letter :o Not a penny.

We are in a church hall, can't offer any flexibility, can't offer free flow play, have a tiny concrete outside play space and basically need to move. We have the opportunity to move onto school grounds, into the old caretakers bungalow, it has a large beautiful garden, a brilliant play space and we could offer our kids the most amazing quality environment. Where did we go wrong? How on earth was the money allocated?

Off to cry and implement plan c

Kirsty xx

Oh no! Isn't it unfair. We see all these lovely pictures of beautiful settings and think - why them and not us?? We're in a similar building to you,although we have a narrow strip of grass down the side, luckily.

When Sure Start first came to the area 10 years or so ago we were promised a building, plans were drawn up everything looked peachy. It was going to be attached to the school and we were all excited about it. Then school got the ok from space for sports and the arts for a new hall and art room and of course they went for that option which benefited them the most. So we didn't get our build - we were given a ride on the local miniature steam railway as compensation.........

So sorry to hear your news. :o You could ask your LEA where it has been allocated and any ways you could have improved on your application although I'm sure you spent a lot of time on writing your funding application. Ask your LEA if there are any other funding pockets, or do an internet search for any other types of funding streams and see if you can put that hard work towards other applications.

Best wishes

Peggy

Thanks for the kind words everyone xD

next plan....

the smaller amounts capital funding (max £50,000)

Meltham Hall Park money (max £10,000)

Community support services (so far £1500 and see what other help they can suggest)

Lottery - changing spaces and awards for all to investigate

Local business - begging letters!

Fundraising - photos, curry night (our local curry house does charity evenings £12 ticket £6 straight back to charity), bag packing at supermarket, charity walk (2 of our families raised over £100 last weekend).

It all adds up right :o

I just want a better environment for the kids - they can't have a sofa to relax, keep their pictures up on the walls, or play outside properly. 15 hours no chance!

Just keep swimming.............

It all adds up right :o

It certainly does, melthammum - and that's the fighting spirit that will see you through.

If it were me I would ask for a meeting with your LA asking for their support in drawing up a plan so that you can realise your dreams for your group - and find out why a group like yours who could do so much with that money has been turned down. Clearly there is something wrong with the system if such an obvious need as yours is ignored - especially when as you say, there is money washing around at the moment!

Maz

juat want to add my support. we do have a purpose built pre-school built with lottery money nearly 10 yrs ago but i am praying really hard fro you keep faith you will win through im sure just keep going! :o

Andrea

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)