Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recycling

Contact your local council. Someone will be prepared to come in and talk to the children.

Ours also supplied us with recycled pencil cases, pencils, bags etc for the pre-school children!

We also took the children out in small groups to the recyling bins (which are only a few hundred yards away) but we ensured they all had something different to recycle. We found the right bin and dropped them in.

Our 2.5yr - 5yrs also now know what the recycling logo looks like we had lots of different items to look at and the children found out which could and couldn't be recycled.

Don't forget the Charlie and Lola story all about recycling.

Yes I'm sure I have come across something recently - I'll do a search about. Have you read 'Michael Recycle'?

Oh - 'claim to fame' here - the lady who wrote Michael Recycle - Ellie (surname has dropped out of my head)!!!!1 Well..........

her nephews attend my pre-school. She also wrote Tail of the Whale - J. and B. never tire of telling me that's Auntie Ellie's book!

Sunnyday

hi we are going to be having a drive on recycling and composting next week does anyone have any good ideas of know of supportivie information websites.

thanks

Skippy - our local council were giving away free compost bins last year - oh and water butts - might be worth asking!

Sunnyday

Ours were offering compost bins and little compost caddys that we got. The idea being that children could carry their banana skins and stuff out and put them in the bin, but the lid is far too stiff for them unfortunately. Still, at least that means we don't spend time chasing it round the garden on windy days!

when we had a big focus on the environment we used lots of songs and short clips from cbeebies which were great. The Green Balloon Club and green angels or something are excellent for songs and information at child friendly pitch.

I love Michael Recycle - isn't there a new one coming out soon?

when we had a big focus on the environment we used lots of songs and short clips from cbeebies which were great. The Green Balloon Club and green angels or something are excellent for songs and information at child friendly pitch.

I love Michael Recycle - isn't there a new one coming out soon?

Well if there is (a new one coming out) I will get a signed copy - I have connections don't you know!!!

Sunnyday

Try Eco Schools http://www.eco-schools.org.uk/ - a lot of our local schools seem to be working towards various levels of achievements.

Also further to contacting your council, try and see if there is a department in the environment section about sustainability or someone called a sustainability officer. I only know this as my sister is one and although her remit focuses on council departments and local businesses, I know that there is someone who deals mainly with education - they have their finger on the pulse and also know where funding is available.

Good luck!

Oh - forgot to add that there is also the Jack Johnson song 'The 3Rs' Reduce Reuse and recycle (I think) which was on the Curious George sound track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)