Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Deputy

Yes you must inform them of new staff. Have they completed all the paperwork? Health questionnaire and DC2 or whatever they call it now? Remember they are the nominated person if you are absent

No need to inform Ofsted unless it is for new manager (or person in charge of day to day care) or committee, any changes .

we were told that it is our responsibility to make sure they are suitable for the job by ensuring all the checks needed were done, such as CRB, references, an in house health declaration form etc. There was no longer any forms to send to Ofsted for the deputy or other staff... even if they are in charge while you are not there.

When you are inspected they will ask what checks are done, etc and how you know they are suitable for the job...

DC2 are no more...have not been since EYFS began , different form (but cannot remember the name ) for committee and manager or supervisor , the info is all available on the ofsted web site, sorry dont have itme to make a link at momment, will later if I find time, unless some other caring sole finds it first.

we asked this at last inspection which was before EYFS and that was the reply... unless they have changed it very recently, which I do not believe they have...

Inge

Thanks Inge, didn't think it was still DC2. Our Mr O insists that we inform of any and all changes of staff. Is this another example of different advice for different settings?

last time I rang which was just before I left the setting to check about our change in deputy they also told me no don't send stuff to them for any other than those I mentioned... this was after EYFS introduced come to think of it..

Inge

No need to inform them, just fill in a EY2 (replaces DC2's) and send to whatever agency you are registered with, they will then send you a CRB. Oftsed dont are about anone except committee or managers. Everything Inge has said I was told in March by Ofsted. Even when I said if I was of Deputy woukd be in charge, they still didn't want to know.

I sometimes like to send letters detailing change of staff, if only for the reply which usually comes by return of post stating that I didn't need to tell them! For the cost of a stamp it is sometimes nce to know that they are reading and not shredding the things I send them. Funnily they always reply to those letters but not the ones I want replies to.

Seriously though I too was told only the day to day manager and the committee. For all others keep your own paper trail showing you have made the correct checks.

Do you know, I have come to the conclusion it doesn't matter if I inform or not anyway as they never have the updated info. Even though every year I send them nice neat typed list of committee members they still come in asking for the Chairperson from 7/8 years ago!! At our last inspection the inspector said she had no knowledge of me even though i have worked there for 15 years and been manager for the last 3 inspections!

sounds just like our setting, I too was not on their list after 8 years and 4 inspections...

at one point NONE of the staff were on there but names of people I had never heard of, and we had not had any staff changes for 5 years at that point so all were well established staff...all commitee were wrong too.

then I had the letter telling me I was not allowed to work with the children as I had not complied with their last request.... Doh... what request? " angry " calls later... it was sent in error... only for it to be sent in error 1 year later..... this time I actually had a written apology as I was obviously very upset during the call...

The committee DC2 as they then were, well these took the biscuit... 8 sent together in 1 envelope, signed for on arrival. 3 had the CRB requests, one had a letter about non compliance ..of what ? she had recieved nothing, and they denied even recieving the rest who had to re do them, only to leave before they actually got clearance...

Needless to say I had no faith in them at all when it came to paperwork... but if mine was 1 word wrong it reflected in our report..

Inge

This is all sooooooo familiar! I was told recently by ofsted EY2's for Manager and all committee members. nothing for other staff. but as you rightly point out.. what's the blinkin point sometimes!

If we or any other private business dealt with our administration and paperwork as Ofsted do, then I guarantee we/they would go bust within the first six months. I have never known any organisation 'have no record, therefore it cannot exist' (for that read lose) paperwork as much as they do. Like Inge, even stuff that gets sent in the same envelope, I've been told that yes they have one but not the other & have never received it! I find them quite extraordinary.