Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pleaseeeee! Can Somebody Explain My Last Question To Me?!

MrsWeasley

As ICT is a rapidly developing and changing area how you will keep up to date in order to provide the best service to children and their families

The only thing that comes to mind, is that when something bigger and better comes out than the one you've got, you get a new one! But that can't be what it means? :o

Thanks xD

Hi,

I take it to mean similar to you with regards to being on the ball with resaonbly up to date equipment, as well as teachers being fully trained in new technology. Also the bit about children and their families, maybe something about VLE's and how parents/carers are able to access thier childs progress at a click of the button.

Keeping up to date with how other practitioners use new technology?

Perhaps exchanging ideas on this forum e.g. using digital photo frames.

Could you also talk about keeping up to date with things like EYFS and Every Child Matter etc online

How about your knowledge of it being not just computers, introducing children to things like ipods, wifi, microwaves in the kitchen, beebots and other robotic/remote controlled things. Letting children use digital cameras and look at and manipulate their images on computers, print them out etc, as I was saying on another thread - let them do the register on the computer. Take an image on a mobile phone and send it to their Mum ..... the possibilities are endless and exciting

As ICT is a rapidly developing and changing area how you will keep up to date in order to provide the best service to children and their families

Hi,

This is my first post, so fingers crossed!

The National Occupational Standards in Children’s Care, Learning and Development address this question at:

http://www.niscc.info/content/uploads/down...n/3/CCLD323.pdf

I think it's also to do with keeping up with current research and thinking about the use of ICT in early years education. John Siraj-Blatchford has done quite a bit of work in this area, and one of his reports is here :o

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

Finishing it all deserves a lie in and breakfast in bed cooked by mummy I would have thought! Well done you :o

Finishing it all deserves a lie in and breakfast in bed cooked by mummy I would have thought! Well done you xD

I'll be lucky! And I think it'd have to be dinner in bed. I'm planning to sleep all day tomorrow.

And eclmmcca - I get 3 lies in a week now :o no more getting up to do any college work!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)