Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Playtex Moonwalk

sunnyday

This saturday one of my staff members (and a dear friend) will be pounding the streets of London in her bra - honestly I have spoken to her about this sort of behaviour before!!!

But seriously - she has been training hard for this event for 'ages' - but unfortunately due to injury she was unable to complete the 20 mile walk that she had planned for a week ago. For those of you that don't already know - the moonwalk is a course of 26.2 miles!

She is excited now but a little nervous too.

I know that lots of you will have been 'touched' by Breast Cancer in one way or another.

I would love to be able to give her some words of encouragement from you (I will print off thread and pass it to her on Friday morning).

Go Teresa!!!

Sunnyday

I have had friends in the past who have done this. As you say, we all know someone who has been affected by breast cancer, so it is personal to us all.

So Teresa,

Good luck for Saturday and well done on choosing to do it for such a good cause. Stride out with your head held high and do the best you can.

Carol x

Well done Teresa. Enjoy the walk and don't worry if you are slower than some, or don't finish, as it is the taking part that counts after all. I think the atmosphere will be one that encourages everyone anyway, and it is amazing what you can achieve.

It's OK REA she can pop down to M & S who are selling bras at 25% off at the moment. There was an amusing headline over 'boobing' over the price of the generous sizes. They have lots of excellent sports bras. :o

My mum is having her operation today after being diagnosed a few weeks ago!

This is something i would love to do at some point!

I wish you all the luck and a big WELL DONE in advance xxx

I was lucky enough to have completed the walk in 2001....... if was hardgoing at times - but worth every step. I am still friends now with a couple of girls I met on the night.

The support you get along the way(not just from the bra!!) is amazing. Last year my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer as was an old friend my age- both are now on the road to full recovery. I think it's wonderful that people like yourself help raise money for such worthy causes. (Damn- now I've started crying!!)

Good Luck and enjoy the walk. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just wanted to add my congratulations and encouragement - what a fantastic thing to do. Teresa all I can say is good on you for embarking on such a worthwhile venture. I hope you raise lots of money and have a brilliant time!

You're an inspiration to us all to get off our behinds and do something: my admiration for you is immense! xD

Why am I tempted to say "best boob forward"? :o

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

i wish her all the best -my sister in law has recently undergone a masectomy on one breast - she is awaiting further treatment but it makes you realsie it can happen to anyone - i did the race for life a few years ago and it was fantastic - hopefully your friend will feel as motivated as i was on that day x

Hi ladies and thank you for adding your messages for Teresa

Bubbles00 - all good wishes to your mum for a speedy recovery

Louby-loo - sorry didn't mean to make you cry!

Maz - I'm sure she will put her 'best boob' forward - she has a pair of stunners to choose from!

Blondie - hope your sister-in-law is on the road to recovery now.

Sunnyday

Glad it all went ok. The atmosphere is always fantastic. I walked it a few years ago and then was a volunteer last year and helped with road crossings etc. The energy and enthusiasm from everyone was incredible. Hope the feet recover quickly and yes I still remember the emotional bits of the evening but the sense of achievement and enthusiasm at finishing the walk were incredible.

Nicky sussex xD:(:o