Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Accident Books

Hi, sorry to bring this subject up again, have been reading through old threads trying to answer my queastion, even though some very kind people put their accident form for us all to see, but can i ask, how do you give parents a copy of this once they have signed it.

Ican't think of a way to get the accident form as a duplicate

Any ideas

thanks in advance

Gill

We don't give parents a copy, they just sign to say they've seen it. I suppose you could use carbon paper if need be. If a parent was to ask us for a copy i would either write out a duplicate or arrange for a photo copy but I have never been asked for a copy.

yeah, i was reading through other threads, generally people thought they should give copies,but i like your idea better lol,

thanks,Gill

I always give a copy. I think we did this so that if somebody else picked the child up, childminder, grandparents, then there was a better chance of the message that their child had had an accident getting passed on. We also take children to another nursery in the afternoon so verbally tell them but parents have the information too.

We write ours out each time-we don't have a set form. We put in all the details necessary in a large carbon copy book.

Linda

I think if someone else other than parent picks up the child - so someone else is signing the form, it's important to give them a photocopy. We always put my home phone number on it too, so they can ring me for any more information if they want to

i have a piece of carbon paper between two accident sheets in the book and as the forms are filled out they are in duplicate we have them all comb binded and once parents have been informed and signed the carbon copy is removed and given to the parents/carer

we dont give our parents a copy although we make parents sign the book - we also give out a letter to parents if the child has had a bump to the head or nose bleed to tell them about this and that their child was well enough to stay at preschool but give them ideas of what they should look out for in case of any further problems - could add this if you want it

We always give parents a copy after they've signed it; this is in case the child has a reaction/turn for the worse, after they've left your care. We've produced our own forms (assisted by some on here!) and have a file with carbon paper between each triplicate. Triplicate so that we have 1 for our file, one for the childs file and one for the parents/carers.

I've heard stories of how someones child had fallen and hurt her arm, which turned out to be a break. When the child was screaming at 10pm because they'd lain awkwardly on it in bed, the parent had no idea of the extent of the fall or circumstances as they'd just signed the book quickly on their way out of preschool, so didn't have any info fo rthe A & E dept. Bit melodramatic but we have to protect ourselves.

Sam

I was fortunate I had a photocopier on site. If you have a computor on site then purchase of a scanner might be useful, to copy said accident reports but useful for lots of other things too, scanning childrens art work for learning journeys, (if they want to take the original home, etc.

I use a Canon - canoscan LIDE 90, it scans in word or pdf (great for emailing), or just does a quick copy & print without saving (like a photocopier). It also scans photo's very well too. :o

Peggy

p.s. I've attached the cards we used to send out for head injuries, Impetigo and tummy bugs.

cards.PDF

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)