Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Poaching

sunnyday

Well ........

A 'friend' started a nursery in a nearby town last September - I gave her lots of moral support and encouragement and have continued to do so.............

I am so disappointed to now find that she has tried to poach my staff - I really, really can't believe that she would stoop so low.

But how lucky am I - the staff member that she approached told her "no I'm absolutely not interested, I am very happy with my lot"!

I feel very sad and let down by my so called 'friend' - she's definitely been demoted to an 'aquaintance'.

Sunnyday

:o With friends like that who needs enemies?

There was one time when the headteacher of the local school came round to visit the children. Whilst there she tried to persuade one of my assistants to apply for a job at the school which I thought was very off. xD

Sometimes quality just shouts out at people. Your staff are obviously good and that comes from being in a good setting, see it as a compliment and take her off your Christmas card list. :o

how rude, and that is bang out of order...

we had a clause in our contract saying if we left nursery we couldn't work for another nursery in X miles. i think that was to stop that sort of thing taking place.

goes to show how your staff feel loyal to you - kind of a compliment

I had a member of staff who i supported alot when she was leaving to manage a nursery and she tried to take 3 of my staff away they all stayed but i felt really hurt mainly because she told a few untruths too.

I say what goes around comes around and i too am really glad my staff stayed.

Take Care

Yippee its Friday :o

:o With friends like that who needs enemies?

There was one time when the headteacher of the local school came round to visit the children. Whilst there she tried to persuade one of my assistants to apply for a job at the school which I thought was very off. xD

OH I had exactly the same thing! We had a huge group of new starters for Reception so I ridiculously generously offered one of my assistants to school for the first couple of days to ease the trauma. She kept her for a fortnight and told me when I said it wasn't on, that surely our place was to help these children settle into school! I was furious and told her exactly what 'our place' was, and that my assistant would be with US from the next day, doing what I was paying her to do, which was work for ME! I was paying her salary whilst she was at school! (How naive was I!)

Still, the children's parents REALLY appreciated her being there and our Ofsted Inspector was impressed and considered we'd gone well above and beyond the call of duty!

My catchphrase these days seems to be "well we live and learn" which was something my mum used to say. xD

I know I am the queen of reflective practice but just lately it seems as if I spend my life thinking that next time I'll do things differently in the light of what happened next.

Seems to me your son knows you very well, sunnyday! Perhaps you should hire him as your business manager! :o

Maz