Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer Sef Brigade!

sunnyday

So............

Last day of Easter Hols. and haven't so much as looked at my SEF - so Summer Hols. it is - already have some members aboard the Summer SEF Brigade:

obviously me, Cait and Holly35

Anyone else care to join?

Sunnyday

Edited by sunnyday

oh yes please - last assignmnet for uni this year due in on May 22nd.

I have June until Sept to do a whole years worth of paperwork that i've put off - SEF is in there somewhere. So count me in.

summer holiday sef club whopppeeeee

Well as you started a thread about it can I ask a question which should not be interpreted as me doing anything about it you understand!

I have a whole load of photos taken by the children themselves which I want to use to provide evidence for the SEF. I envisage them being as an appendix, a photo album which will be updated each half term, ok who am I kidding, term then. Do you think if I put captions on them it will be ok? I want to express things the children tell us but not necessarily at the time they are taking the picture cos then they are too busy pressing the button and shooting off to the next shot. I fear that if I put a selection of pictures in front of them and ask them to tell me what they show they will simply describe them to me rather than explaining how they feel about the setting. How does this sound, or does anyone have any other ideas for how I can use their fab pictures?

So............

Last day of Easter Hols. and haven't so much as looked at my SEF - so Summer Hols. it is - already have some members aboard the Summer SEF Brigade:

obviously me, Cait and Holly35

Anyone else care to join?

Sunnyday

ME PLEASE!!!!!!!

Can I join too please? We have done the vast majority of it in draft but need to type it all up and put it on line-that's if I can find my password etc to get into the online version!!

Linda

As many of you may know, I don't need to do one, but thought I'd add some 'sensible' tips. (not saying that you are not sensible enough to think of these yourself you know :o )

QUALITY- Have an introductory staff meeting to discuss first thoughts on what quality means to everyone (in context of your setting)

DELEGATE - between now and Summer hols, get each member of staff to do the sections most relevant to them.

REFLECT - Once info of WHAT you do is listed, get staff to 'reflect' on how the 'input' or 'opportunity' enables quality.

I'm sure you can think of even more 'prep' work before leaving YOU the job of just putting it all together.

p.s. Don't forget to share the guidance and consider the EYFS MUST and SHOULD criteria's. xD

oh and by the way, daily mantra, I WILL STOP PONTIFICATING AND DO, DO, DO. :(:(

Peggy

woo -you are well ahead, you'll be in the half term holiday splinter group!

Most definately WON'T be doing it at half term-I will be in Bologna, Italy, and Paris for two weeks!!! :oxD:( This is most certainly a summer holiday job! :(

Linda

holly35 I think that sounds like a great idea. I have been unable to get to my online sef, I suppose I could have done a hard copy!! But that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. I will be involving my sparkly new staff team in ours though when we do get on with it.

Hello All

I am sooooo pleased to hear that I am not the only one who had such good intentions of SEFing over Easter; and failed!

I too will be SEFing in the summer!

I want to join, I want to join ! please !

I think I've looked at the sef once or twice but given up now !

Our new supervisor had a go at one section, but I didn't have the heart to tell her it was a bit waffly and not to the point. Didn't want to upset her did I, she might think I'm criticising. I will have to be very diplomatic, but I'm not sure I'm good at that !

Oh well, lets hope and pray Ofsted don't come in before the summer hols, but I think thats being very optimistic as we are due an inspection.

I wonder who's going to be the last one to do theirs ? (me probably !)

Motherclangerx

• 3 weeks later...

Please accept my note of resignation from the Summer SEF Brigade. I have bowed to pressure of EQISP next Thursday and completed the last bit tonight and submitted it at 6pm.

Sorry Sunnyday - I feel I've really let you down here!

It is with great regret that I accept your resignation, as a founding member of this club it is really not what I would have expected from you.

I think that the only way for you to gain forgiveness will be for you to upload your SEF in full to give the rest of us some ideas.

If you feel that this acceptable then I will continue to converse with you - obviously I can't speak for Holly35 or indeed the rest of our loyal members- we will have to see what they think.

Sunnyday

Edited by sunnyday

The bulk of it is already uploaded. It still needs tweaking here and there, but it was important to get something on paper for the EQISP bunch next week

I'm with you sunnyday. If it gets shared we will still talk to her! :o

Mine might be October half term the rate things are going!....No, no, no must get it done.....

Alternatively could those clever people who have done theirs, write ours if we send them research and details? Hmmm....

I'm with you sunnyday. If it gets shared we will still talk to her! :o

Mine might be October half term the rate things are going!....No, no, no must get it done.....

Alternatively could those clever people who have done theirs, write ours if we send them research and details? Hmmm....

Nice one Holly - we have to stick together!!!

Now even I think October is stretching it a bit - but given my track record it could happen!!! But no - we must be strong - summer it is!

Sunnyday