Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mad, Bad, Sad World

My son's just phond me to tell of the very bad news that a lad I used to look after at preschool (many years ago) has been stabbed to death. He was only 26. :o

He had a bad start in life, parents split up and he was looked after by his dad who struggled with alcoholism. I remember supporting the dad, this lad and his sister when they came to me group. He was a friend of my sons when they were younger but when he chose the wrong path to follow my son didn't see so much of him. He got into trouble with the law in his late teens. I saw him a couple of years ago, a changed man it seemed, very proud to be settled down and becoming a father himself.

It seems a 19 yr old has been arrested but early days yet as to whether he is the murderer.

I just feel so very gutted, very sad for the family and quite worried that this has happened so close to home. What a waste of 2 lives. The victim and the perpetrator. xD:(:(

Thanks for listening.

Peggy

My son's just phond me to tell of the very bad news that a lad I used to look after at preschool (many years ago) has been stabbed to death. He was only 26. :o

He had a bad start in life, parents split up and he was looked after by his dad who struggled with alcoholism. I remember supporting the dad, this lad and his sister when they came to me group. He was a friend of my sons when they were younger but when he chose the wrong path to follow my son didn't see so much of him. He got into trouble with the law in his late teens. I saw him a couple of years ago, a changed man it seemed, very proud to be settled down and becoming a father himself.

It seems a 19 yr old has been arrested but early days yet as to whether he is the murderer.

I just feel so very gutted, very sad for the family and quite worried that this has happened so close to home. What a waste of 2 lives. The victim and the perpetrator. xD:(:(

Thanks for listening.

Peggy

how sad when someone turns their life around then this happens what is our world coming to , my thoughts are with this mans family friends and you x

that is terrible news and my thougts are also with you and how you must be feeling take solice in the thought that you did what you could and hopefully made a difference to their lives while in your care.

As the others have said, how sad and what a waste. Thinking of the families involved and you too Peggy. Remember you made a positive difference in their lives..... xxx

What very sad news Peggy. Something like this affects so many people in different ways. What sort of society are we were something like this can happen and there is no respect for the precious gift of life.

I think when we touch the lives of parents and their families we have at least been able to make a difference at that time, which hopefully supports the development of the child's future self. You will have made a positive difference Peggy. Lots of hugs to you all.

As you say Peggy, its a bad world indeed where horrible things happen for no apparent reason.

We read about these things happening all the time, but usually somewhere else and to someone else - we never think it will happen closer to home and to people we know. I can't imagine what either parent is going through just now: both must be grieving but for different reasons - as you say a waste of two lives, and the effects of this murder ripples around and touches many other lives.

Take care Peggy - as JacquieL wisely said you made a difference in this young man's life at the time he and his family needed you most. I'll bet your kids have more than their fair share of hugs today.

Mx

Thank you all for your replies, I have no-one else around who can understand that a child I looked after more than 20 yrs ago can evoke the emotions I'm feeling now. You will all understand how precious the children we care for are to us.(even when they grow up into adulthood)

Jacqui your words are so true "there is no respect for the precious gift of life." it seems so more and more. We need to get back 'civil' attutudes and behaviours to truly call ourselves a civilised world. :o

Peggy

so sorry to hear your news peggy, my sentiments are the same as everyone elses , its such a waste of a young life but at least it was a life touched by you that made a difference, my thoughts are with you

Thank you for your thoughts, hugs and kind words.

As I fell asleep last night I was still thinking about him, I remembered I have a photo (black & white) from my preschool days 23 yrs ago, it includes myself, my son, this lad (both aged 3 yrs) and a few other children all holding hands enjoying a circle song session. I've decided to attend the funeral and give this photo to the lads father.

I must admit I couldn't have known that this news would hit me quite so hard, maybe it is my age and the experience I had with my own health in December. This experience has made me think deeply, that I will be even more appreciative of life, that I shall always treasure the happy memories of all the preschool children I've cared for over the years, and to live life telling all the special people to me how much I love them. I will see my son today to give him an extra big hug.

Peggy

'I've decided to attend the funeral and give this photo to the lads father.'

..thats a lovely idea Peggy xxxxx

Thanks Hali, guess what..... when I spoke to my son today he said "Mum, can you find that picture of me and Lxxx when we were at preschool, you know the black and white one, I think it would be nice to give it to Lxxx's dad" , I was surprised he had remembered it and pleasantly surprised that my son Ellis had had the same thoughts as me, like mother, like son. :o

Peggy