Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Im Back!

Hi

well arrived at the pre-school...totally different from my current one ie family backgrounds etc. Its not a sure start one but uses the building of a sure start centre. It was great to see so many girls (we have majority of boys!), plus to see how different a setting is compared to mine. After the tour they left me in the room with the children (just for 5 mins...do what you wantetc etc :( . So sat next to this little boy doing a jigsaw and then a further 2 came over...think I was secretly observed!!)

Then back to the office for interview...why do i want the job, when would i be qualified (think this may be an issue as they i think ideally they want someone who is already qualified or soon to be...me about Jan next year!). Told them all about the Diploma. Manager said she did one about 5 year ago and was raving over it (may be something)...had to explain that although I am half way through its waiting for the results that takes the time, can only send in assignments on certain dates. Told them I was doing it as fast as I could as current setting also want me qualified. Talked about child protections (they have a couple of cases), how would I set up the room etc...then it was generally chatting about EYFS (manager is struggling in implementing and getting systems in place so told her how we do things eg childrens choices, planning on a daily basis), plannning and assessing, committees, numbers, liason of settings etc. Anyway got a lot of useful information if nothing else. Big thing is that today is the last day of interviewing and they have 7 candidates :oxD:( When we advertise we struggle to get 2! So think it may all be down to my qualification (or not as the case may be).

They may let us know today or it will be a letter in the post....Im away tomorrow for 2 whole weeks (told them) so sort of hoping that if i get it they will let me know today. Fingers crossed.

Off out to the pub now...2 staff leaving do. need a glass of wine!

Hope you hear today - where are you going -somewhere nice ? Dot :o

Hi

Not heard anything yet :( > Do want it! Would like to know so that I dont think about it all over the Easter hols xD

Off to Majorca.......cant wait!!!

Edited by marley

Guest MaryEMac

Hope you get the answer today Marley and i really hope that it good news. Fingers crossed for you.

Mary

PS. Have a good holiday

good luck! it certainly sounds as if you made good impression! i recently took on a lady who had a wealth of experience and a positive attitude but unqualified over one that had fs degree but was somewhat lacking in common sense and had no rapport with children!

Let's face it marley they'd be very lucky to have you! I hope the news is good and they're not tempted to settle for second best because the person is qualified - if they can manage to wait for your bit of paper to arrive, then they'll surely offer it to you.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you - hope you had a nice time in the pub!

Maz

Who can say what the outcome will be Marley but we all know what a dedicated worker and caring person you are. If you are not their choice then that will be their loss I think. There will be other opportunities for you.

Have a wonderful holiday as you really deserve it.