Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Is A Bsl Certificate?

Hi all

Well updating our pre-school website re new deputy and asked chair what qualifications she has.

Cache 2 merit, BSL certificate, Advanced Apprenticeship level 3 in early years, first aid, key skills level 2 in maths & english.

Whats BSL...sign language?

Advanced Apprenticeship level 3 in early years,

Im presuming this is it? I hope this is level 3 qualification as yes, we do need one!

Please , please tell me this is ok????

Edited by marley

That's a good idea - I don't know what advanced apprenticeship is - is it a Level 3 in Early Years/Childcare?

Sunnyday

i should imagine its an advanced apprenticeship in early years, 3 of my staff are doing this it involves level 3 child care learning and development (nvq) key skills at level 2 in communication and application of number and a technical cert. in early years which helps cover knowlwdge evidence in nvq , this is also a 3 part exam, if this is the case i think its a good qualififaction for a deputy and within ofsted guidelines

level 2 is sufficient IF they are working towards a level 3 or higher. hope this helps.

oh dont we get conflicting advice of ofsted!!! i was told different!! even room leaders have to have L3 , there must be a l3 in all rooms at all times, working towards is not sufficient since eyfs came in

We had OFSTED for two days this week in our pre-school and she specifically asked what qualifications we had as management has to be at least a level 3.

samfrostie :o

level 2 is sufficient IF they are working towards a level 3 or higher. hope this helps.

from last sept working towards is no longer suitable... as many have found...must be level 3 minimum to be deputy

Inge

i should imagine its an advanced apprenticeship in early years, 3 of my staff are doing this it involves level 3 child care learning and development (nvq) key skills at level 2 in communication and application of number and a technical cert. in early years which helps cover knowlwdge evidence in nvq , this is also a 3 part exam, if this is the case i think its a good qualififaction for a deputy and within ofsted guidelines

well.........you learn something new everyday!

Sunnyday

Phew! Thats ok then!

Off for my interview tomorrow! Just got problems with my own childcare if i get it. Before and after school club for my son (ony 30 mins for each and costs a fortune!) ...all full! No childminders that pick up from school either due to village loaction...will have to cross that bridge if I get it! It never rains eh?

Phew! Thats ok then!

Off for my interview tomorrow! Just got problems with my own childcare if i get it. Before and after school club for my son (ony 30 mins for each and costs a fortune!) ...all full! No childminders that pick up from school either due to village loaction...will have to cross that bridge if I get it! It never rains eh?

Marley apologies if I caused you to worry.

Sunnyday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)