Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Management

hi,

not sure how to explain this: xD

but .... can if a supervisor resigns and committee acept - they take over the role of supervisor?????

not much info i know sorry will pm more if needed :o

Hi Hali

Not sure on this one, but I would think they would have to have the relevant qualifications to do so.

I know that in our constitution (non PLA) it states that the supervisor is only an advisor on the committee and not eligible to vote or make decisions as they are a paid member of staff. So unless they have Level 3 early years and will not be paid for the role I don't see they can, but thats going on our constitution.

I would ring Ofsted and see what they have to say.

Mind you, you will probably get three different answers, but it might be worth a try !

I wish there was an alternative to committee run Pre-schools, my life would be soooo much easier !

Sorry I can't be of more help !

Motherclangerx

The PLA constitution has recently changed to allow staff to be on the committee so if the person to take over has the L3 then I suppose so. But it sounds like you mean the whole committee, as a body. That couldnt happen I wouldnt think, there has to be A supervisor not a committee of them? The deputy could be made acting manager though if she's L3 and committee help out as assistants while your position was filled. :o

as said they would have to have a level 3 qualification, along with relevant experience in field and I believe one would have to be named as person in charge of day to day running of group and would entail all the suitable persons stuff etc.

remembering of course that they would also need a deputy at level 3 as well each day.

The recent change in constitution to include staff as committee members would have to be adopted before it could be used.

Inge

Edited by Inge

dont be silly M of course not :o

they have told staff today i am leaving ...wait for it for personal reasons - what a joke!!! :(

and they are taking over my duties!!! xD

Edited by hali

dont be silly M of course not xD

they have told staff today i am leaving ...wait for it for personal reasons - what a joke!!! :(

and they are taking over my duties!!! :(

I think that says it all hali! Well done on making your escape from what is obviously a hopeless situation. :o

I think that says it all hali! Well done on making your escape from what is obviously a hopeless situation. :o

Hear hear! I wonder what Early Years will have to say about it!

Maz

Hi Hali

Even if someone on the committee was qualfied for the job the Charities Commission have the following to say about employing a committee member (trustee):

"Sometimes a charity might need to employ someone for a particular job on a full or part-time basis, and the trustees may feel one of their number is ideally suited, through knowledge or motivation, to take on the job.

Need to justify decision: A trustee may be in a strong position to provide the necessary skills and experience, but because charities rely on the confidence of the public (donors and beneficiaries alike) and must comply with the law on trustee benefits it is essential they are open and transparent about the processes and decision-making which lead to the employment. Any decision to employ a trustee or former trustee must be completely justifiable, and must be made without favouritism or improper influence. This means a trustee or former trustee should not gain an ’inside track‘, or any unfair advantage because of their position, and potential conflicts of interest must be properly and openly managed. (See section G4; see also section C of this guidance, and A Guide to Conflicts of Interest for Charity Trustees on the Guidance for Charities page of our website.)

the link to the full regulations is here:

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/publications/cc11.asp#7

I would guess that's not the case here?

RR

Hi

Not sure what is going on with you Hali (apart from you have resigned and its to do with commitee?) but if they cant see what a star you are then you are better off out of it! Bloomin committees :o

What have the parents said?

Hope things work out for you soon....

parents still havnt been informed yet!!! and chair is speaking about it to 'others' in the playground!! professional hey!

most staff informed them yesturday they were looking for new jobs... its all very sad!

i got a DRAFT reference letter through yesturday which is no good as i need a signed one to send to agencies - it just gets worse!!!!!!!

:o

I thought all positions had to be advertised (equal opportunities etc) these days?

I have never been able to find an ultimate answer to that question, myhenroxanne. Presumably the committee could argue that there isn't a position, if hali's responsibilities are being shared out between committee members.

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)