Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy St Patrick's Day!

May I be the first to wish everyone a very happy St Patrick's Day!!

May the road rise up to meet you! I'm sure there's more to that saying but I can't remember it!! xD

While others may be dying their hair green, drinking green beer and doing little jigs all over the place, I will be at the hospital with Martin while he has his first sober St Patricks Day in years!!! :( I will try not to look smug when I tell him his dad and brothers have all gone out to the pub for a bit of craic and will not be visiting him!! :(

To compensate James has made him a hat with a big shamrock on the front, here's hoping he will be out of ICU tomorrow so he can give it to him in person.

My dad maintains there is a little bit of Irish in everyone. I would agree, its the little insane bit you try to keep hidden for fear of making an 'eejit' out of yourself! :o

We have had the shamrocks and banners up in playgroup since last week in preparation. James has already got out a choice of 3 green tops to wear tommorrow and my Dad has got a "Kiss me, I'm Irish" badge for him!! I am hoping he doesn't take advantage of this and chases the girls around, although if he's anything like his father he will be demanding that they do as the badge says!!

Of course when I am typing this, I am saying it out loud in a southern irish accent, as if I don't have enough of an irish accent already!! :(

Whatever you are all doing tomorrow, enjoy yourselves.

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

( I didnt know it all either so I googled it!)

happy St Patricks Day too

and Mummyspud I hope things are ok for you and Martin tomorrow

"May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand."

( I didnt know it all either so I googled it!)

I knew there was more to it, I just didnt think there was that much!! :o

Didnt think to google it either, am supposed to be studying and allow myself time off every so often to check new posts and go mousehunting!!! Maybe its time I got out more, could always hit the pub tomorrow with Martins dad and brothers . . . . . . erm NO!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all those of you who celebrate it.

I recieved my shamrock in the post from home and will wear it today along with a rather large badge depicting leprechauns doing a jig!!!! Hmm!......might lose that one on the way to work!!!!! xD

Enjoy the day thats in it everyone...........be happy and have fun! :o

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

My mother's family came from Dublin and around - my mother was born on the Curragh - then an army base. As a child I had a great-aunt who was a Sister of Mercy in a convent in Dublin. On St. Patrick's Day we always received a box of shamrock in the post from her.

Well today really was a St Patricks Day to remember!!!

Martin got out of ICU today!!! :o James was sooo exited when he heard he was going to see daddy!!

When we got to the ward, he hadn't arrived down from ICU so we just sat beside the bed he was allocated. Martin then arrived 5 minutes later in a wheelchair. James was a bit subdued. To be honest I think he had to have a good look at him to make sure it was his daddy as Martin was wearing his glasses (which he doesnt usually do) and also the fact that he has lost weight. Then when Martin asked for a hug he was afraid to hug him in case he hurt him!!

Martin's sister took James to the shop and I told Martin how excited he had been and that it is probably a bit of a shock for him to see his dad looking as he does. While the rest of us have seen him looking at his worst in ICU, James just remembers his daddy being a bit out of breath and weighing a couple of stone heavier!! I felt a bit sorry for Martin as I think he had hoped to get hugs and kisses from James.

Told Martin to take his glasses off and then maybe that will help. It certainly did and the pair of them had a great chat and a giggle about how Martin couldnt walk yet and that he had to use a bottle and a bedpan for his number 1's and 2's!!

When it was time to go, Martin asked for a kiss and James refused to kiss him on the lips and told Martin he didnt want to catch his germs and get sick himself, although he did manage a hug.

It has been a very emotional day and to see Martin and James laughing and joking as usual, had me fighting back the tears. Its the day I have longed for! All of the sudden the past 5 weeks now seem like a blur!

James will be going up to visit his daddy again on Thursday so here's hoping Martin gets the hugs and kisses he was hoping for!

Anyway, I hope you have all enjoyed your day, mine has certainly been a memorable one! xD

Oh Inge hows the hubby doing? I meant to ask at the start of this post!!

I am pretty much all Irish too!! me dad was from donegal and My Mum's sie from Roscommon- virtually all my family live all over Ireland!! It is a brilliant place and it is so great that this special day is celebrated all over the world uniting us all together!! First year I will not be on an all day bender getting drunk though ha ha!!

In ur Preschool,we had posters about St Patrick's Day,themed Paper.We made some shamrocks with different texturesof green collage paper.We also had fun with some green gloop.The children really enjoyed the day.We had some craic now!!!

Enjoy the rest of the evening and BE GREEN!!

Oh and I saw a really drunk man in the town center today.

All dressed in green and with a huge guinness hat on!

:o

There was definately a lot more than 1 drunk man dressed in greeen about today!!!!

Happy Saint Patrick's Day - I've got an eighth Irish in me and think that Ireland is the friendliest place I know! xD

I thought the Forum was the friendliest place you knew, Wolfie! :o

Only fifteen minutes of Saint Patrick's Day - but hope you've all had a happy day! Great news about Martin spud - good to see light at the end of the tunnel isn't it?

Today would have been my 25th wedding anniversary (if I hadn't got divorced 23 years ago!) :o

Maz

Mummyspud you must have had such a lot of challenging feelings today and have been so happy to be all together again looking forward to the future. What a gem your son is, and so natural, with the pragmatism of young children. Things are looking up for all of you now, and you have been strong for your husband and James. Each day will be better and better. Lots of hugs for you all. JacquieLxx

I thought the Forum was the friendliest place you knew, Wolfie! xD

The forum is definately a friendly virtual place, but you can't get a pint of green guinness on here!! :(

Have had to press the edit button, because knowing the forum and its members someone will upload a pic of a pint of green guinness!!! :o:(:(

Edited by Guest

Have had to press the edit button, because knowing the forum and its members someone will upload a pic of a pint of green guinness!!! :oxD:(

Well I didn't find a pint of green guinness to upload for you spud, but I did find the Green Guinness Club in a place called Bundanoon, Western Australia! :(

Maz

Well today really was a St Patricks Day to remember!!!

Oh Inge hows the hubby doing? I meant to ask at the start of this post!!

wonderful news, I know it will still be a long haul for you all but take each day as it comes...

we were lucky, after 5 days IV antibiotics , OH is now home , and kitchen fitter is almost gone!! finishing touches tomorrow morning...

trouble is on top of this he now had caught a cold!! so along with the coughing now sneezing too!! but seems to be doing well,

Thank you for your thoughts

Inge