Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

500th Post!

MrsWeasley

Unfortunately my life has been a tragedy from start to finish......... :(

That can't be true..

Are you trying to tell me you've never had a really nice er.. cheesecake?

Or never had some lovely skinny chips down the pub? xD

:o

That can't be true..

Are you trying to tell me you've never had a really nice er.. cheesecake?

Or never had some lovely skinny chips down the pub? :(

:o

I would love to answer your questions but unfortunately I've suddenly realised I have pressing business elsewhere................ xD

Well the following incident was hilarious at the time...I was sat on the carpet supporting children whilst the teacher was delivering her daily phonics session. Anyway, the teacher asked, Can anyone think of a word beginning with 'sh'? There was a pause and then a little boy at the front said 'sh**' I think the teacher would have been okay but when I looked at her we both started laughing. The teacher managed to compose herself but I was laughing that much I had to leave the room. It wasn't so much what he said, it was the way he said it...so innocently!

Well, there have been lots of times when I have been laid on the floor laughing with tears streaming down my face. Usually with my bemused family looking on wondering what on earth was so funny!

This was one which I giggled about for weeks after......

We were at my sister in laws for a visit and sat round the dining room table after the children had gone to bed. My brother in law, Alan, can't help but fiddle with things, as men do. They had one of those puzzle games with the tiny ball bearings in, where you have to get them all into the little hollows. Somehow he managed to pull the two halves apart and the little ball bearings fell in his lap. As he stood to move out of the way so that he could see where they has fallen, the soft seat cushion came up and the ball bearings started to roll off so he quickly poked his finger in the middle to stop them rolling off. However, at this point he had the puzzle game in one hand and his other hand holding down the seat. So, in all innocence I said "I'll hold it down while you grab the balls" whilst simultaneously moving my hand onto the seat. My husband and sister in law were sat on the opposite side of the table and hadn't seen what had happened, so they had a slightly different view! Needless to say we all collapsed laughing........... :o

See, I said you had to be there! xD

We were at my sister in laws for a visit and sat round the dining room table after the children had gone to bed.

I read this and I was laughing quite a lot.. and then I realised I had mis-read it.

The children wenbt to bed... not the chicken! :o

Congratulations on your 500th post!!

You have heard most my funny stories MrsWeasley, well those with a gyneacological theme anyway!

You also know the one of my son and the opera singing!!

If I think of anymore I will let you know, although not necessarily on a public post!! :o

I am genetically pre-disposed to the ancient art of spoonerism - that is the art of mixing up the first letters of two words in any sentence. Favourites are par cark, prouser tocket etc. However when I was about seven months pregnant with MrsWeasley the other half and I were doing the weekly shop at the big Sainsbury's in Basingstoke. At the time in the centre of the shop was the deli counter, and it seemed that whenever you emerged from one aisle in order to get to another, you'd come across the deli counter.

Anyway, this particular day I wanted to buy some low fat duck and orange pate which I had bought many times before without incident. However this day my spoonerism gene was obviously playing up and I asked for something completely different - no problem with "low", "orange" or "pate", just with the fat duck bit. Needless to say I was being served by a young lad and as soon as the words were out of my mouth I started laughing and couldn't stop - so much that I had to walk off without buying any pate or cold meats at all.

The problem was that whilst I was able to compose myself during the walk up the aisle and down again, as soon as I emerged by the deli counter and saw the young lad serving other customers, I would start to laugh hysterically again. I don't think I've eaten duck and orange pate since, and certainly not the low fat variety!

Maz

xD My mum did a similar one on the telephone once Maz, whilst talking in her best telephone voice. I can't remember what the actual words were now though. Needless to say both she and the chap on the other end dissolved into laughter and it took quite some time for them both to compose themselves to continue. :o

Sienna you brought back a funny memory!!

I was in my first week of a new week and was also teaching phonics. I had a sound bag with various items - i think all of them started with a 'c' sound apart from a sock. The children were working out which item was the odd one out. Anyway it turned out that it was a bit difficult for the group of children I had so I went through each object and said very loudly, that sock starts with a 's' sound and if it started with a 'c' it would be a C*** !!!!!!! I could have died with embarrassment!!

Now you've just brought back a memory for me. Thankfully it was someone else, not me, leading a small group of children in a singing session. They were singing Old McDonald and the children were choosing which animals he had on his farm. Inevitably someone chose a cock and the adult said, Okay everyone, Old McDonald has a .......................

Unforgivably I couldn't keep a straight face and had to leave. :o

Congratulations on reaching 500 posts Mrs Weasley. I also enjoy 'listening' to you. Long may it continue :o

Funniest episode? There have been many but one that has always stood out was when me, hubby and my friend were watching an England football match in a quiet little pub. The beer was flowing and staring to make us giggly and merry. The goalie had the ball and as he kicked it long down the pitch I asked hubby how far he could kick a ball. He answered 'Where from?'. Me and my friend laughed so that we could barely breath and the man behind us sniggered too. Hubby sat with a straight face and said 'I dont understand'. xD

You also know the one of my son and the opera singing!!

Oh yes - This left me laughing for ages!

xD My mum did a similar one on the telephone once Maz, whilst talking in her best telephone voice.

Oh no! On my day off a few weeks ago, the nursery phone had been ringing all morning and I just couldn't get to it before the answer phone started. So I took the phone upstairs and finally managed to answer it. So I'm talking to this lady about her little girl and how she wants her to come to our nursery. So I said.. and I kid you not. "Well the manager's out at the moment, if I give your our telephone number then I'll get her to ring you when she's back." and suddenly... there was silence! Suddenly, the lady on the phone started laughing and then about 5 minutes later she said "How about I give you my number?" and I didn't understand.. and simply said "Well yes..." How embarrasing!!!

AND THEN!! The lady came in to visit, and my mum says "And this is my daugther who you spoke to on the phone" Gee. Thanks mum.!

Hubby sat with a straight face and said 'I dont understand'. :(

Well, neither do I. :o