Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Little Things That Bug The Heck Out Of You-

:( oNE THING THAT REALLY ANNOYS ME IS ONE PARTICULAR MEMBER OF STAFF ALWAYS SAYING WHEN SHE IS LOOKING FOR THINGS "dOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE............IS" AND SHE HASN'T EVEN GOT HER BLOODY BACKSIDE OFF OF THE CHAIR AND CAN'T BE BOTHERED AND EXPECTING SOMEONE ELSE TO GET IT FOR HER.

oH AND ALSO THE SAME MEMBER OF STAFF SAYING "CAN ANYONE SMELL A DIRTY NAPPY"" SO WE ALL LIKE IDIOTS GO ROUND SNIFFING (AS WE DO!!) AND END UP CHANGING THE SAID CHILD!!! AND SHES GOT OUT OF IT AGAIN.

:oxD:(:(

Karrie

Yup - that was what I was getting at! And spending all weekend cutting out flowers for the said card - only to find them outside on the fence because a member of staff thought they'd look pretty there. SIGH

xD:o:( - buggers arnt they

And spending all weekend cutting out flowers for the said card - only to find them outside on the fence because a member of staff thought they'd look pretty there. SIGH

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever spend ages cutting out stuff for children to make cards with. Their scissor control may not be sufficiently well developed to cut it out to your standards, but they'll either find another way to express themselves - or have a really good go and develop their skills that way.

There. I feel so much better now.

Maz

Ooooo can I join in!!?? :o

I can't stand it when someone has a clear out of the cupboard and then you spend 30 minutes looking for a particular resource and then they tell you 'Oh I threw it out because it didn't work', when all it needed was new b****y batteries!!!! xD:(:( And then you have to go out a replace it and and and ...... icon9.gif I'm not bitter!!

...................or when they use the last glue stick or piece of sugar paper and dont tell you - then winge that theres none left :(:o:(xD:(

and why is it so difficult to get some more gloves to replenish the last pair you have just used to change a nappy when you clearly knew you were taking the last ones from the tin?

and why is it so difficult to get some more gloves to replenish the last pair you have just used to change a nappy when you clearly knew you were taking the last ones from the tin?

Err.. It wasn't me!

Honestly - I don't change nappies. :o

Sorry: wasn't I clear? :o

Kinda got the gist but always best to check I think. xD

I have to say, its great not being staff anymore and having all those little niggles. If I dont like somewhere their name goes into my black book and I never darken their door again. :(

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever spend ages cutting out stuff for children to make cards with. Their scissor control may not be sufficiently well developed to cut it out to your standards, but they'll either find another way to express themselves - or have a really good go and develop their skills that way.

There. I feel so much better now.

Maz

Hey - I'm not talking about recently - some of these grudges go back a decade or more ..............

Hi - well me and my colleague when clearing out argue over which junk boxes should go in the bin when we have toooo much to store....................."oh just think what they could do with that box ?" my colleague says sadly ...........- and yes we stand for around 10 mins deliberating whether or not the box should go.,................................ :o Dot

oH AND ALSO THE SAME MEMBER OF STAFF SAYING "CAN ANYONE SMELL A DIRTY NAPPY"" SO WE ALL LIKE IDIOTS GO ROUND SNIFFING (AS WE DO!!) AND END UP CHANGING THE SAID CHILD!!! AND SHES GOT OUT OF IT AGAIN.

I think that person's twin works in my setting!

she spotted 3 dirty nappies this morning and didnt change one!

I have laughed at some of the comments on this topic I can identify with so many of them and I am soooooooo glad it is not just me who gets annoyed at people wasting craft resourses

Im not obsessed honest!

Got all prepared for maths follow up work making a graph of pancake toppings choosen to find the TA 'helpfully' in her lunch break has cut up and squeezed the juice from the lemon, lime and orange and thrown the peel away. Then lets the children choose all the toppings at once instead of selecting one.

The graph didn't work too well..... :o as 35 children had lemon, orange, lime, jam and syrup on theirs.

ALSO

why can noone wash paint pots (except me xD ) with out leavng a trace of old paint that contaminates the fresh paint.

ALSO

why do the paper towels run out in lunchtime hand washing

AlSO

why can't I carry on moaning...'cause I sshould be at school by now!!

Edited by Guest

One thing that really gets me is when staff can't find something in the cupboard,ask for my help and then stand "helpfully" behind me while I get it. Fair enough you think, now you will know where it is next time, but no, no. They still have to ask the next time. If you're not going to learn from it go and do something else!

Thank you I feel a bit better now.

I've moved this into the lounge area. I know that many of you are enjoying the chance to vent and I'm sure it's very therapeutic. One little thing though, could I please ask that you do it without the swearing as some people find that offensive. :o

Oh - the water tray is great today - there are no puddles.

"That's because there's no water it in - is it that complicated to fill it"

Still can't decide:

if it a staff decision to manage Health and safety

they just don't notice or

they just can't be bothered.

I know it drives me nuts

ooh - relate to so many of these! In fact I started a post yesterday but just typing it relieved enough of the stress so I didn't post.

I'm not a mindreader, I don't know I need to call in to the fruit shop on the way if I haven't been told that yesterday's snack maker used 3 days worth up - most of which ended up in the recycling because it was too much!

I could go on but I'm 'working'. Needed to check in here though for replies to my post yesterday!

Al

Guest MaryEMac

When staff members can't put jigsaws back where they belong. It's not rocket science, we have a shelf for wooden puzzles and a shelf for boxed ones. I usually find them with the board games. Or when they get an activity out without checking the plans, and then go "oh sorry, I didn't realise you were going to do that tomorrow"........... :o

I'll stop now, it's my day off, I should be relaxing..........

Mary

The things that annoy me the most, are always the things I do myself.. yet I carry on doing those things myself knowing how much they irriate me.

xD

You appear to have made up a new word - congratulations! :o

The things that annoy me the most, are always the things I do myself.. yet I carry on doing those things myself knowing how much they irriate me.

:o

I really identify with this!

I am often to be heard muttering "I'm getting on my own nerves - goodness knows what I'm doing to you"!

Still it's a good quality to acknowledge your own faults - isn't it?