Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

She Came Today!

narnia

Many, many congrats. you must be so pleased that's 'out of the way'!

May I ask - is this the 'right time' for you to be inspected - in relation to your last inspection.

Not sure that makes sense - I suppose I'm just hoping that there isn't any plan to inspect us all earlier than expected because of E.Y.F.S.

Sunnyday

We were due our inspection end of Feb but she came early Janaury

smiles

Thanks for the reply smiles - ours not due 'til November 2010 - haven't even started my SEF - would really kick myself if I had missed some plan of theirs to 'do' us all this year!

Sunnyday

Our inspector told us reports have to be verified, so it was sensible to keep it to ourselves until it had gone through at her end.She said she has never had a report changed, but it does happen, so i guess she's right? In fact, I have been told by every inspector (I have been through 5 now ( and no, it doesn't get any less nerve wracking, though this one was the calmest!!)that we shouldn't tell anyone the results until we got the official report back from them.It shouldn't take long though, should it, given that they do everything on laptops now and send it through before they leave you.I will be very pleased to get the report through!

Friendly warning-at our last inspection the inspector 'forgot' to freeze the SEF so that would not hav been any help at all.Also the one we had yesterday said she liked our SEf as it was to the point and not too long.Mind you feed back is not till today so we will see how much she likes it!

I was told by the inspector that did ours that if you were inspected before eyfs you could be done anytime and not wait the 2 or 3 years like usual. Sorry to worry everyone, but better pre-warned. Sarah

well, the report arrived today.........................we got GOOD overall and Outstanding in two areas: children making positive contributions and helping them to be healthy.We are slightly delighted! :oxD:(:( She also told us we are 'banging on the door of getting Outstanding overall, but a couple of things need minor tweaking, so I can't give it to you, i'm afraid and I'm very frustrated by that!'

One thing though, looks like she forgot to say I am doing my FD (would you ask them to put this in??)She also said we have no links with other settings, which IS strictly true, but in fact we had been in contact with two settings who were delighted at our approach (they hadn't realised it's not just nice, it's a requirement) and we have arranged to get together to sort out those links, which I DID tell the inspector.I also told her the local group had ignored all attempts to sort something out, and she told us to forget about them(??requirement??), and yet has put this in, so i feel a bit confused.What would you do??I have until tomorrow to challenge/change anything, so need to think fast.........maybe better to leave it be?

we're good, we're good!!

I think I would be tempted to ring your inspector and ask that they amend the wording slightly - even if the report said that you had begun to make links with other settings it would be a truer reflection of what you are trying to do. I think it says much about a setting that the leader is undertaking further study, so I think it definitely worth a mention - after all there is the bit in the report that says "there are x practitioners, x of whom have an early years qualification". So there's a little space there to add "and the pre-school leader is currently studying for a Foundation Degree in...".

So glad to hear that you are 'slightly delighted' with your good and two outstandings! What a star you are - and you must be so proud of your team.

(oh and has the chorus of "na na na na na" finished yet? :o )

Maz

well, the report arrived today.........................we got GOOD overall and Outstanding in two areas: children making positive contributions and helping them to be healthy.We are slightly delighted! xD:(:(:( She also told us we are 'banging on the door of getting Outstanding overall, but a couple of things need minor tweaking, so I can't give it to you, i'm afraid and I'm very frustrated by that!'

As Yazz would say (slipped back to the 1980s a bit!! Sorry Mrs Weasley you are far to young to know who she is!! :wacko: ) The Only Way is UP!!!!!!!! :o

As Yazz would say (slipped back to the 1980s a bit!! Sorry Mrs Weasley you are far to young to know who she is!! :( ) The Only Way is UP!!!!!!!! xD

Oh :( I just re-read loads of this topic thinking "I didn't know there was a member called Yazz..." :o:(

I would def try to change the wording as Maz suggested. You can challenge facts but not judgements. I had the wording changed on our last report to change something similar, no problems at all.

We had THE vist again last Thursday and so i am waiting for the written report but unofficially we are very pleased.

All the hard work on the SEF paid off as this time it was a quicker and smoother inspection

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant news xD definitly get in touch with them if you would like it changing whilst you have the chance! We are STILL waiting for OFSTED who are very very very overdue in terms of when they last came to our setting and the fact that we have a had a new manager should have speeded things up but still we are waiting. Not that I'm complaining but you all know how it is when your waiting :o

samfrostie :(

Edited by samfrostie