Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Food Hygiene Inspection Forms

Yesterday I recieved a "Food Hygiene Information Survey and Self Inspection Form"

I am just concerned about filling it in incorrectly and having to face a proper inspection so wondered how other people were answering some of the questions

For example "what processing{of food}do you do?" Do I put preparing meals for childminded children? or do I have to list each separate process?

Do written procedures mean risk assessments and policies regarding food hygiene? I include much of the food hygiene in my general health and safety policy but do you think I should have a separate food hygiene policy????

Any advice/opinions much appreciated!

Thanks, Tracey

I suggest you phone your local environmental health officer for advice.We had a similar form and the chap we spoke to took ages going through the whole thing with me, over the phone, so I was able to fill it in quickly and have any queries sorted out.From that info, they decided we are verylow risk, so not likely to be inspected ( we only do snacks )

Welcome to the Forum, Tracey!

Congratulations on making your first post - there are lots of childminder members of the Forum and I'm sure they'll be able to help you!

Maz

Welcome childminder37. Yes, I'd ring your local EHO, they'll be able to put you straight. I had an inspection a couple of years ago, and it went very easily. She was very friendly and helpful and told me how to get hold of things I didn't have, like the 'ingredients' of bleach and stuff.

Welcome to the forum! I've recently been on Food Hygiene training and they talked a lot about Hazard Analysis and Critical Control points - stages in the food purchase, storage, preparation and serving process where hazards to food hygiene and safety might occur. I'm sure that your local EHO will be able to provide you with a free booklet about it all.

Thanks for the advice and the welcomes! I have done food hygiene certificate so hopefully I should be ok in the event of an inspection but don't really want the stress!!!! Got ofsted soon and thats bad enough!! I will ring the local office and get some help!

Thanks again :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)