Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E Mails

Recently I have had a few parents emailing me about all kinds of things. (They don't read Newsletters, notices on the boards, etc) I was wondering whether any of you use parents e mails to send info such as Newsletters, invoices etc.

What is the legal situation here?

By the way, I have been sooo busy I haven't been on the forum for ages (I used to log in a couple of times every day) and I have noticed that I have 30 pages to catch up on. Somehow I don't think I will have time to do that!!! I will just skim though the last few pages and try to make time to look in every day.

I have missed coming in for my daily dose!!! :o

Sue J

Welcome back Sue-thought I hadn't seen you for a while.

I use email for newsletters. On our personal info sheets we have this

"Newsletters

We give parents/carers regular information by a termly newsletter. This can be in paper form or can be sent by email, which saves pre-school the cost of producing them. If you would like your newsletter by email please give your address. "

If they give their email address then that's how they receive their newsletter, if not they still get a paper copy. I then put the letter on the website and on the noticeboard.

I think they will read it or not whatever way you give it to them. But at least this way you are not spending time and money on copying them. About half of mine have given me their email addresses.

I don't do invoices though-I still like to know they have got these in their hands.

Linda

same as Linda.. use email for newsletters... always some which bounce back!

We use a hotmail account for pre-school so they don't have our personal email addresses , we also have our own domain name so they can email us there and it gets diverted to a home email..ex parent pays for this so no cost to us

Inge

We use email a lot and for stuff like updates to events, newsletters but also for information regarding individual development where parents do not drop off/collect and they have requested it. I keep ALL emails and print them off and file them in relevant files if appropriate. We have an email through the website that redirects to an email used for playschool, although they all know its me at home! I also ensure that if I am sending a newsletter for example I bcc everyone so no-one sees everyone else's email addresses.

Hi

We ask for an email address on the registration form. If they give it, I send them the newsletter by email. It saves so much paper, ink and time. Only a couple don't have email and I print them a copy. I also put a note on the chalkboard that the newsletter has been sent. I have only just found out what bcc is, so they can all see each others email address. whoops.

People do read the newsletter, sometimes, if I have asked for help etc etc, I get a reply by return! I recently forgot the eggs for cooking and it was 5pm on a sunday night. I sent an email out and got 3 dozen the next day. Maybe I will try that with all the cooking ingredients, it will be a lot cheaper!

Thanks for all your replies - I will definitely start using emails. As you say it saves money on paper and ink. I will make sure that I put a notice up telling parents that a newsletter has been sent. You're right Linda, best to give invoices by hand - just to make sure they have received them.

Sue J