Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It Snowing Where You Are?

sunnyday

More snow starting to fall here. Son no.1 left the house minutes before it started with my satement 'its not cold out'. So he left with a thin coat, no hat ,scarf, vest (oh thats my mom talking).

I'm getting a bit fed up of clearing the car every morning. Such a nuisance :o

Bit late for this time.. but these anti slip overshoes may not look glamorous but will stop any injury from falls. There are others on the market which work just as well, at differing prices... parents found them useful when travelling to icy areas, and kept some just in case.

Inge

Haha - customers who bought this item also bought ............ Cistercian Monks Cd and batteries! love that website!

Bit late for this time.. but these anti slip overshoes may not look glamorous but will stop any injury from falls. There are others on the market which work just as well, at differing prices... parents found them useful when travelling to icy areas, and kept some just in case.

Inge

My mom used to walk the 2 miles to the bus with dads socks over her boots so she wouldnt slip. Really attractive :o

We've had sleet showers which has turned into snow in the last half hours and is beginning to settle too... everything going white again - hoorah!!! Must admit even though I was getting a bit bored with all the snow, I did begin to miss it when it started thawing yesterday!

There was story in the papers today about an elderly chap who attached carpet remnants to his shoess and had no problems!!!! Never heard of that one before, but I'll just stick to my trusty boots!

I've just driven back from Oxford along an ungritted M40 at 30 miles an hour and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Snow falling thick and fast in Oxfordshire and Warwickshire but not so much here at the moment!

Snow here again, all the roads are covered in snow again looks like it will be a messy start to the week. I bet the main road is the only road up here thats been gritted and most of the schools will be closed again tomorrow!

Beth

We finally got some snow!!!! :o

Started around 11am and by the time we came out of mass there was enough to build a snowman!!

Unfortunately I had to go to work, but my sis-in-law was looking after James and my 14 year old niece was ready and waiting for him when we arrived and took him straight out to build that snowman. He had a ball, just a pity I had to miss it!!

She did send me a photo on my phone though.

Snow all gone now, melted quite quickly, but very cold and ice everywhere

Yeah, it's all gone here except behind the dykes (hedges!)

i thought they were called dyke bottoms - refugee from The eden Valley - up the Fellside - living in Oxfordshire - some snow but not enough yet to stay at home - Head suggestd that we take the opportunity to do some work when we can't get to school!! and even suggested that we give our TA's work to do - afterall they are being paind - didn't like to say that my NNEB is not paid nearly enough as it is and so any free days she can ave the better!!! hoping fo rthose blizzards to hit before 7.15 am so that I can get some work done!!

Grrr we still have laying snow on the road. Last night I fell waking on it ouch. Now I am housebound because I have twistered my knee. I have kindly asked the council to come and grit the road or even a snow plough to make it safe. The answer was no! The bin men have not been eiather, me thinks it time to contact my local MP and complain about the lack of services just because of a little bit of snow! grrrrrr.

Beth